• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker - DE/OLB

Oh well! Still very successful recruiting year coming off of 2 4-8 seasons

Agreed. I like this class a LOT, and not only is there the talent in the scholarship guys, we have another 21/22 guys walking on who aren't the norm for walk-ons. Hope we can add a guy or two who can wrap things up nicely.

Oh well! Still very successful recruiting year coming off of 2 4-8 seasons

Agreed... Just a very underwhelming /disappointing finish.

We seemed to have lost our mojo after the early signing period. We have lost head-to-head battles recently with Kansas (that hurts to type), UCLA, and TCU... and geography wasn't really working against us in any of those. And one of our top OL targets for 2019 just committed to CU.

Two or three weeks ago, it seems like there were 8 or 9 solid prospects on our board that we felt reasonably good about to fill the last four spots. Now we'll be fortunate to get one of those guys.

I hope we find some guys on the transfer market who can contribute.

Agreed. I like this class a LOT, and not only is there the talent in the scholarship guys, we have another 21/22 guys walking on who aren't the norm for walk-ons. Hope we can add a guy or two who can wrap things up nicely.
I am hopeful we can develop from players here already the positions we came up short on.

Hopefully we can pick up a transfer. The class is still a good class overall but we really needed a few more this week to wrap it up.

Hopefully results on the field this year lead to better recruiting next year and Frost can fill the necessary positions at that point.

I think this is a very good class, especially despite our record. Great future ahead.

Don't think it's a Les Miles thing. His former HS coach is the WRs coach there now. He was at Texas Tech previously when Parker was committed there as well. Think they have a very close relationship. Big loss for us.. he's a major talent.
You're right.....and Parker even specifically mentioned his former HS coach, who was is now at Kansas....he will play a lot but won't win much......NU is trending up up up....KU? not

NaughtyRegalHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

For some reason that doesn't really make me feel any better about this news. :Bananalazy:
Yeah, I know...but to put it in perspective, according to 247, he is their 7th best recruit of all time........he would of been our 4th......4th best recruit in this class......so he will play but not win much.......they will try to go 4-8 while NU will get better, and better, and better..........so,yeah it isn't good not getting him but we will be fine.

I feel your pain. Kansas’ talent level just got closer to ours.
You forgot the sarcastic emoji......they are absolutely nowhere neat our talent level. But, to give you the benefit, you are correct. They got a bit closer....like going from 2 to 3 on a scale of 1 to 100.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back