• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker opts for Kansas.

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Well, we loose another January hunt. SP will join Kansas.

Don't these recruits see the possibility of immediate playing time at NU?

Well, we loose another January hunt. SP will join Kansas.

Don't these recruits see the possibility of immediate playing time at NU?
And there wouldn’t be immediate playing time at Kansas?? Plenty of good arguments to fall back on for Nebraska over KU but I don’t think that’s the one I would use when comparing us to the Jayhawks.

Just tells me we are far stronger than Kansas. Certain “immediate playing time” is what you get when you go to a team that sucks. Unless you are a superstar like Wandale or Maurice.

Last edited:

Did the staff overplay their hand with some of the OLB targets? Meaning they were maybe too confident about getting Jordan and/or Parker and therefore didn't go after Asante or Fonua hard enough. Or would they still not take Asante or Fonua knowing what we now know?

Did the staff overplay their hand with some of the OLB targets? Meaning they were maybe too confident about getting Jordan and/or Parker and therefore didn't go after Asante or Fonua hard enough. Or would they still not take Asante or Fonua knowing what we now know?
Personally, I'm not sure Fonua and Asante were fits for this defense anyway. Losing Parker and Jordan hurts, but Nebraska, despite what we think, isn't a destination location for all recruits...for various reasons. We swung and missed. Hopefully those redshirt freshmen we were high on before injury can develop into the players we thought they were.

Last edited:

it maybe playing time, but having his HS coach was hired by Les in december had to have affected his choice..
Parker tweeted “Today might have been the toughest day of my life,”

Kansas plays in Texas a couple of times/year. I'm sure that was a draw for him. I wish him well.

Last edited:
Agree with these last two. Probably both the high school coach at Kansas and the fact they are part of the Big Twelve, are both reason we may have lost out on this one. As much as we love Nebraska it’s not the right place for everyone.

Yes. They thought they would get Parker or Jordan and slow played the other two. Back-fired a bit.

Tough decision for him, but it came down to who had more Miles of Smiles ....

au0Cxn_w_400x400.jpg

Miles of course.

Tough decision for him, but it came down to who had more Miles of Smiles ....

View attachment 20456

Miles of course.
:Lol: obviously the dude wasn't concerned about winning conference championships or probably winning football imo. That's his choice but lets revisit where he and KU is versus Nebraska in a couple of years! I think it was a terrible decision simply because it's KU............ but it's certainly his to make! :confused:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back