• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20 years! HuskerMax Members Tribute

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
There was a time when I'd do the occasional tribute to the members of HuskerMax (Pedia). Every couple of years I'd honor the active members with year joined and post counts. Unfortunately, these statistics are no longer as readily sortable in the member list as they once were.

Fortunately, I do have some old spreadsheets that I kept to track these stats -- though again, not so easily updated nowadays. However, it does readily inform me of the active members, as of several years ago, listed by joined date.

As many of you know, HuskerMax (formerly, Huskerpedia) became a membership forum in 1999 (October 1, I believe, was the official start date). Yes, Huskerpedia existed prior to that (but I believe, minus the forums). I remember going to the original site for my Husker news long ago (I believe with adnet as the host URL?).

And since this is the offseason -- and by the time we officially reach 20 years, it will be mid-football season -- I figured now would be a good time to mention those few of us that are still around, with a start/join date of 1999. It appears that's only EIGHT members now. Well, it's possible someone will chime in and inform me otherwise (i.e. had a different name in 1999, but still here). But for now, here's the Elite Eight (a couple of these have not logged in since last year -- but I'll go ahead and assume/hope they are still active; maybe the mention will resurface them):

Alphabetically:

@alabamahusker
@Cyberbach
@fjbfour
@Husker in Spokane
@HuskerWeatherman
@mjohnson
@Pop Corn
@redmachine

EDIT: @sdhusker resurfaced! We are now at NINE "survivors." :)

EDIT: @beans spilled the beans. He's still with us! Up to ten!

:Bow: Here's to 20 years!

Last edited:
...I was here back then, haha I can even remember being asked to be a moderator--my response "I'd love to, but I'm only 16"

I did become a paying member at one time then let it lapse....I can remember being in Baghdad sending Max an email about who I was and trying to get my screen name back using a different email

I've really enjoyed the years here, i don't post often but im always on here reading

...I was here back then, haha I can even remember being asked to be a moderator--my response "I'd love to, but I'm only 16"

I did become a paying member at one time then let it lapse....I can remember being in Baghdad sending Max an email about who I was and trying to get my screen name back using a different email

I've really enjoyed the years here, i don't post often but im always on here reading
So what was your original name

Nice write up combined with some history. What I'm always amazed at is looking at the number of paying members versus visitors. You'd think 20 bucks was 200 bucks or something with so many non paying visitors versus actual members?

Not a huge deal but I find it interesting there are so many people with nothing to say or extremely frugal or both....... :Lol:

I found HuskerPedia searching for Nebraska news in B1G country. Ranks right near the top as one of the greatest online discoveries I've made. Looks like I was just a bit late to the party...joining in Nov 2000.

Kudos to David Max, JHudson, the Mods, and all of the HuskerMax posters for making this an entertaining and useful site.

I remember going to the original site for my Husker news long ago (I believe with adnet as the host URL?).

I remember that too @HuskerWeatherman
My wife and I had just bought our 1st computer and the 1st thing I did when we got it home and set it up was search Nebraska Cornhuskers...
Voila...
20 years later....
Great site - and appreciate David, the Mods and everyone for making this an enjoyable site though the years and for keeping us in the know for all things Husker.
:Huskerflag:

Wow, time sure flies. I got my first computer on Halloween 1997 and after several weeks trying to figure out how to operate it I got the modem installed and went online for the first time. The first thing I "asked Jeeves", where can I find Nebraska sports info? I was directed to a site hosted on geocities.... it wasn't even called pedia yet, it was Hudson's site that he parked all his husker stats. Shortly after I think David and Joe renamed it and brought in the forums. They were free to post but we kept running into band width issues so David sponsored a fund raiser of sorts where we were encouraged to donate some cash to buy more bandwidth.... I was a 50 yd line donor I think. That works for a few years but eventually the pay to post system was implemented but we also got a Pedia card with our membership that got you all kinds of discounts on car rentals, hotels and brothels. Good times, I miss Merle.... and the cauldron.:cool:

Last edited:

...or perhaps staying out of the fray to avoid the vitriol.

True story--i just like to read and chime in when necessary, im everybody's friend

The blowouts between individuals here over the years have been fun to watch for some of us. They are probably best friends in real life.

I do know this....dont drink and post ive been hemmed up on that before

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back