• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Year 7: Tim Miles

Last I looked at what he was doing for some reason that escapes me was about a year ago. He was a volunteer assassinate coach at some high school out east.

Volunteer Assistant or Assassin?! Wasn't sure which one you meant!

Wasn't he referred to as "Baby Jordan" or something like that? I could be thinking of someone else ...

Correct.

I was at that game.

Miner played for USC. Was a dunking machine, and won two NBA slam dunk contests. I think he went off for somewhere between 30 and 40 points when he played the Huskers in Lincoln.

Correct.

I was at that game.

Miner played for USC. Was a dunking machine, and won two NBA slam dunk contests. I think he went off for somewhere between 30 and 40 points when he played the Huskers in Lincoln.
Scored 43 points, set the record for most points scored against Nebraska in the Devaney Center. George Raveling was USC's coach then... should add him to the list of legendary coaches we've seen against the Huskers. For those who like trivia - Raveling has the original typewritten "I have a dream" speech from MLK Jr because he was on the podium, and just asked for it.

Last edited:

It's Year 7 of the Tim Miles era. In the previous 6 seasons he only has two seasons with a winning record. 2 first round tournament knock outs (NCAA and NIT). A career record of 104-99 for a 51% winning record. He still makes "rookie coach" mistakes and mistakes that rookies don't make. His lack of ability to get a true "big man" in a conference that thrives on big men is disappointing. His recruiting is suspect and the roster has been a revolving door.

At $2.25MM per year, Nebraska fans should have higher expectations. Nebraska has some of the most beautiful on-campus facilities in the conference and in the country. Nebraska fans should have higher expectations. Tim Miles is the Mike Riley of college basketball.

I don't think it's premature to say it's time to start looking for a new coach. He may get his third winning this season but his overall body of work has been proven and he's hit his ceiling.

Blast away.

Up until 2 weeks ago, I wouldn’t have concurred with the Riley/Miles analogy but now I see it. However, I’m nowhere near as angry as I was with the Riley fiasco. Probably due to a lower standard for Nebrasketball vs. football.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back