• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Malmsteen

I doubt it but, yeah, amateur strip night was an institution for a long time.

Yeah, I'd be shocked. Times have changed too much in recent years for that sort of thing to happen again.

I definitely have my share of memories of amateur strip night at the Grove, in the 87-90 time frame. I remember being completely enamored with a girl who had pierced nips. That was obviously less common back then. She shot me down, rightfully so, as I'm sure I looked like a child ready to open presents on Christmas morning.

During that same time, there was a club in the Centrum that also had an amateur strip night. Anyone remember that? I remember it especially due to a dude (likely slightly mentally retarded) who pranced around in his fruit of the looms. Of course, everyone laughed -- yet he did so every week there. Looking back, I cringe a bit.

Yeah, I'd be shocked. Times have changed too much in recent years for that sort of thing to happen again.

I definitely have my share of memories of amateur strip night at the Grove, in the 87-90 time frame. I remember being completely enamored with a girl who had pierced nips. That was obviously less common back then. She shot me down, rightfully so, as I'm sure I looked like a child ready to open presents on Christmas morning.

During that same time, there was a club in the Centrum that also had an amateur strip night. Anyone remember that? I remember it especially due to a dude (likely slightly mentally retarded) who pranced around in his fruit of the looms. Of course, everyone laughed -- yet he did so every week there. Looking back, I cringe a bit.
I hung out at the grove in the lower 80's,
Thank God there were no cell phones !

Celebration? I used to hang out there but I don’t remember them having an amateur strip night. I had a roommate that was a DJ there. By the way I was hanging out at the grove those same years. Fun times.

Celebration? I used to hang out there but I don’t remember them having an amateur strip night. I had a roommate that was a DJ there. By the way I was hanging out at the grove those same years. Fun times.
Wednesday afternoons, start around 4. Would dance before the real dancers started in the evenings

Celebration sounds correct. And there was definitely a regular amateur strip night -- though it's possible it was only for a short period.

Those were awesome times to be a young person in Lincoln! I have a ton of great (drunken) memories from that '87 to maybe '92 time frame (my UNL years). Lots of bars and clubs that are no longer. P.O. Pears, WC's downtown, Chesterfields, the old Sandy's location, Duffy's (of course, still active) ... I also have memories of a bar in the Haymarket (when the Haymarket wasn't nearly what it is now) ... underground/basement ... which played underground music (dance club). Oh, and The Enterprise, which seemed to change its name every couple of years -- what is that place now (I'm assuming not a club). Might have been Stooges at one point?

Last edited:

It was a juice bar, all nude fat women
How was the ole Malmy Malmster Smoker?
depositphotos_181211146-stock-photo-fat-woman-eating-sandwich-drinking.jpg

I love fast guitar like Satriani and VH, but I could never truly dig Malmsteen, because it seemed like every song he did, was the exact same as every other song. Who knows though, it could be a good show live.
Agree. I don't remember any Malmsteen melodies. Just lightning speed tapping that made it seem like every song was note-4-note the same just tapped differently. Now that hair bands and speed metal have faded he may put on a kick butt show.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back