• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Zac Taylor to the Bengals

The Bengals have a veteran, serviceable QB in Andy Dalton and good to great talent in many spots (AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Tyler Eifert). They are at least on par with the rest of the AFC North (Bengals were 6-10; Ravens won the division at 10-6, Pittsburg 9-6-1 and Browns 7-8-1; the Bengals lost 4 games by a TD or less) and could be an instant playoff team. Zac needs to hire good assistants and he should be fine.

Heard a good discussion about what favored Zac was the success that the Browns had this year and the willingness of the Bengals fans to move past the defense focused Lewis regime

The Bengals have a veteran, serviceable QB in Andy Dalton and good to great talent in many spots (AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Tyler Eifert). They are at least on par with the rest of the AFC North (Bengals were 6-10; Ravens won the division at 10-6, Pittsburg 9-6-1 and Browns 7-8-1; the Bengals lost 4 games by a TD or less) and could be an instant playoff team. Zac needs to hire good assistants and he should be fine.
Exactly.... that's why I thought he was better off taking the Bengals offer as opposed to AZ. I realize Bengals are super hungry for making the playoffs and they certain gave Lewis more then enough time imo. I think Zac has an excellent chance at having a very good team in 2 years!

They have a good 1-2 punch at RB too with 2 young guys in Mixon and Johnson.

Crazy fast move up the coaching ladder. A few used to say he was only getting his gigs because of nepotism...nice to finally see that be put to rest. Hope he turns out to be more of a Sean McVay and not so much Lane Kiffin. :)

Exactly.... that's why I thought he was better off taking the Bengals offer as opposed to AZ. I realize Bengals are super hungry for making the playoffs and they certain gave Lewis more then enough time imo. I think Zac has an excellent chance at having a very good team in 2 years!
I don't think Az is as bad as their record shows. Lousy coaching for sure and they have to replace Fitzgerald this year..I do like Mixon at running back and Dalton at QB, Zac will turn the Bengals into the Rams of the east, that is if they are really going to hire him. Oh by the way, Taylor was Callahans man. LOL

As a lifelong Steeler fan, I forgive you lol

Is Big Ben still considering retirement? Is Antonio Brown gone? Le'Veon Bell?

There's some serious issues going on in Steel City.

I'm beginning to think Mike Tomlin needs to be gone.

As crazy as it seems, the Cleveland Browns are poised to rise to the top of that division. Maybe only the Ravens stand in their way.

Last edited:

Is Big Ben still considering retirement? Is Antonio Brown gone? Le'Veon Bell?

There's some serious issues going on in Steel City.

I'm beginning to think Mike Tomlin needs to be gone.

As crazy as it seems, the Cleveland Browns are poised to rise to the top of that division. Maybe only the Ravens stand in their way.
Steelers won’t make a coaching change. 3 coach changes since the ‘70s. Model of stability.

Brown and Bell are divas. Maybe Roethlisberger too. Most teams can only bear one diva. For me Brown skipping the last game of the season is unconscionable. At least Bell gave a seasons worth of pay for what he believes in.

Nevertheless the biggest issue with the Steelers is their aging defense. James Connor and Smith-Schuster are more than adequate replacements. I also suspect Roethlisberger will be back again.

Lots of gambles on young guys in these coaching changes. Many good corrdinators were jumped over even when they had had success because they wern't from the right new tree. Not sure Z had earned his spurs yet, but we'll see. I think mistakes are being made.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back