• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DT Darrion Daniels

Welcome Mr. Daniels! This is a great addition for the defense. Juco and grad transfers will allow the freshmen to mature and bulk up. I always worry about a kid on either line playing too soon and getting hurt.

As a recruit: Daniels' recruitment came down to Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Iowa and Iowa State and he chose the Cowboys just prior to Signing Day in 2015.

Career so far: Daniels had a very productive career with the Cowboys, accumulating 64 tackles and two sacks over four seasons. He was expected to be a major part of Oklahoma State's defense this past season, but his year was cut short due to an injury suffered earlier in the year. Rather than return to Stillwater, Daniels is transferring to Nebraska, where his younger brother Damion is a defensive lineman with the Huskers.

What to expect: “Daniels brings power and size to the middle for Nebraska and is a heady player. He won’t wow anyone with big plays but he will help against the run for sure and take up blockers allowing others to run free. Instant impact defensive tackles are hard to find, so Nebraska has a good one here if he can stay healthy.” -- Farrell

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/instant-impact-the-10-best-committed-grad-transfers

The S&C program under Duval is the real deal and will be a huge part of getting us back. Those that thought we were exaggerating/lying about gains were simply surprised by methods used to get the team moving in the right direction after a few years of neglect. GBR! Bigger, Faster, Stronger...Husker Power.

Last edited:
The S&C program under Duval is the real deal and will be a huge part of getting us back. Those that thought we were exaggerating/lying about gains were simply surprised by methods used to get the team moving in the right direction after a few years of neglect. GBR! Bigger, Faster, Stronger...Husker Power.

Gains can be exaggerated even though the training methods are legit. It's not an either or.

The father of the OT who we signed from SC, Fritzsche, talked up Ellis and Duval a lot

"
While Jim Fritzsche was surprised by the announcement, he understand his son's choice.

"The things they have right now at Nebraska are so impressive to me," the father said. "I didn't care where he went, but at Nebraska they have the No. 1 nutritionist and No. 1 weight coach in the country (in Dave Ellis). He's (been) a personal trainer for Tom Brady, LeBron James, all the top stars. You won't recognize this guy in two years.":

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...-jimmy-fritzsche-chooses-nebraska/2360671002/

and Dad played a year for the Eagles as well.

We hear the same every year but I believe this this year
I don't doubt that this is the best training and nutrition program they've seen to date. I also whole heartedly believe they're making great progress. I still don't believe some of the numbers that were reported last year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back