• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Greg Bell

Didn't show up on either U's website as a signee, though... At least a few days ago when I checked after reading that post.

If he is really still in Lincoln, is he enrolled? Going to class? If he isn't attending school, what is the impact on eligibility? At some point you have to show progress towards a degree to maintain eligibility.

You have to wonder what was going on in his head, or wasn't.

My post about SDSU was in jest but if he had academics in order he would have been here after HS.

C

Didn't show up on either U's website as a signee, though... At least a few days ago when I checked after reading that post.

If he is really still in Lincoln, is he enrolled? Going to class? If he isn't attending school, what is the impact on eligibility? At some point you have to show progress towards a degree to maintain eligibility.

Who knows? "a week ago" from Lurker44's post put's Greg in Lincoln on Jan. 2 - still Christmas vacation. Maybe he had to bring the pumpkin pie to a New Year's Day meal? :Biggrin:

There's still a Greg Bell showing up on the UNL student directory, but not sure its the same person.

https://directory.unl.edu/#q/bell, greg

LOL, real one is major leagues not minor leagues.C
So, again, you mean South Dakota State? If they had played this year, that's the "real" SDSU who would have won. South Dakota State is also the older school, and it's been referred to as "SDSU" since the Teddy Roosevelt administration, so there's that.

P.S.--I went to the University of South Dakota, so typing all of the above makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but the truth is the truth.

So, again, you mean South Dakota State? If they had played this year, that's the "real" SDSU who would have won. South Dakota State is also the older school, and it's been referred to as "SDSU" since the Teddy Roosevelt administration, so there's that.

P.S.--I went to the University of South Dakota, so typing all of the above makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but the truth is the truth.

1a is major leagues, 1aa is minors. Real SDSU is Aztecs, but you feel free to live in fantasy land.

Edit: SDSU history goes back to 1897.

Edit for HoustonHusker: This is playful banter between MBC and myself, not to be taken seriously or fret over.

C

Last edited:
1a is majors 1aa is minors. Or should I say FBS is majors and FCS is minors. Thanks for playing.

C
No one refers to the FBS as the “majors”

Both FBS and FCS are under the scope of the NCAA. Both collegiate levels. One higher than the other. Thanks for playing what?

Last edited:

No one refers to the FBS as the “majors”

Both FBS and FCS are under the scope of the NCAA. Both collegiate levels. One higher than the other. Thanks for playing what?
Was just giving a correction. Referring to D1 Ball as the majors is just kinda silly.

fLh0JgU.gif

C

Last edited:
Was just giving a correction. Referring to D1 Ball as the majors is just kinda silly.

Let me help you out a little, maybe your English class didn't cover it yet.

met·a·phor
/ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/
noun
  1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    "her poetry depends on suggestion and metaphor"
    synonyms: figure of speech, figurative expression, image, trope, allegory, parable, analogy, comparison, symbol, emblem, word painting, word picture;
    literaryconceit
    • a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.
      "the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering

C

1a is major leagues, 1aa is minors. Real SDSU is Aztecs, but you feel free to live in fantasy land.

Edit: SDSU history goes back to 1897.

C
Don’t really see the joking tone, considering you told this other poster to “live in fantasy land” for having another view.

It’s all good though, I know you’re “joking” now since I corrected you. Also the real SDSU is up for debate and isn’t settled by if the school in the FBS or FCS.

1a is majors 1aa is minors. Or should I say FBS is majors and FCS is minors. Thanks for playing.

C
You said this to me 30 mins ago and now I’m just to supposed to know this was all a joke. Instead of wasting your time by copying and pasting definitions, make yourself more clear.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back