• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Are we Still Targeting

Anyone with a sense of pride has WVU buyers remorse. I blame Texas. No idea if that is right, but I’m gonna blame Texas even if you explain it to me otherwise with reason. :)

I'm quite sure it's all Texas' fault.

Southern Ohio, N. Kentucky, and S. Indiana are one in the same. They are all a bunch of red neck/hillbillies. Ever listen to Bob and Tom in the morning? They have a character named Donnie Baker that calls into the show. It is funny because that is exactly the way most of the workers at our Richmond, In shop talk.

On the subject of P5 coaches leaving for G5 jobs, Tommie Tuberville went from Texas Tech to Cincinnati a few years back.

Y'all r tew qwik! Ya no redneck hillbillies iz at falt.

Now back on subject??

Anyone with a sense of pride has WVU buyers remorse. I blame Texas. No idea if that is right, but I’m gonna blame Texas even if you explain it to me otherwise with reason. :)

ScuM....have to find a way to blame them too!

All opinion on my part, but if his grades were in order, he would already have a Texas offer. Just like he would already have been able to sign with Nebraska and this would be a non-issue. Still boggles my mind how some kids don't even give themselves a chance.
Agree my son was one of them. He had Div 1 schools looking at him going into hs sophomore year. Then screwed around and I ended up sending him to my wife's hometown in the Philippines to finish school. Some kids just don't get it. No matter how hard you punish, talk to and even beg them. Three years later he was watching one of his old teammates get the Play of the week on ESPN.

All opinion on my part, but if his grades were in order, he would already have a Texas offer. Just like he would already have been able to sign with Nebraska and this would be a non-issue. Still boggles my mind how some kids don't even give themselves a chance.
So many of these kids are passed along through high school without the basics they need to even begin to do average work in college. I have taught several at the college level and when they sit in class it becomes obvious to them just how far behind they are and it’s embarrassing. They understand they are there for football and make excuses, miss class and just fall further behind. If they flunk out they become another kid who we say wasted an opportunity. At the division two and three level where there are no scholarships ( they do get to complete for one or two years) they end up with a ton of depth.
I have seen these kids admitted when it’s obvious they don’t belong in college but are used by a coach to improve his record and move up the ladder. They’re used by a college or university for the tuition they pay through loans. The sad part is they usually get three semesters of tuition money and two years on the football field before they flunk out.It’s sad and it continues year after year.

So many of these kids are passed along through high school without the basics they need to even begin to do average work in college. I have taught several at the college level and when they sit in class it becomes obvious to them just how far behind they are and it’s embarrassing. They understand they are there for football and make excuses, miss class and just fall further behind. If they flunk out they become another kid who we say wasted an opportunity. At the division two and three level where there are no scholarships ( they do get to complete for one or two years) they end up with a ton of depth.
I have seen these kids admitted when it’s obvious they don’t belong in college but are used by a coach to improve his record and move up the ladder. They’re used by a college or university for the tuition they pay through loans. The sad part is they usually get three semesters of tuition money and two years on the football field before they flunk out.It’s sad and it continues year after year.
This is why I think the educational support that UNL offers students. (Thanks to TO) is so important. It gives the kids an actual opportunity to succeed.

This is why I think the educational support that UNL offers students. (Thanks to TO) is so important. It gives the kids an actual opportunity to succeed.
Absolutely but there are countless schools at the D2 and D3 that simply don’t care about these young men. It’s really tough to watch.

It is West "By Gawd" Virginia, for crimney sakes! A law was enacted, within the last 3 years, making it illegal to burn couches after a win! That says volumes about the school and the people/area. I have been there on work assignments and I actually think WVA, or Southern Ohio, are the ones they should be making toothbrush and marrying your cousin jokes about and NOT Kentucky (where I have also had work assignments). No offense, JMO.
plenty to go around, all breeds and bloods

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back