• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bubba Starling

How weird, i just posted something similar 5 minutes before you did on the other Bubba post! Great minds i guess? ;)
Apparently my logo is not my logo but so it goes. Can a 25-30 year old be a college football player?
Yeah. I recall a handful of 25 - 26 year old QB's. FSU had one a handful of years back. I don't think Bubba has a shot at football ever again though, it would go against his better interests me thinks.

As a side note, you are just borrowing that logo, so it's definitely not yours. :O O:;)

Apparently my logo is not my logo but so it goes. Can a 25-30 year old be a college football player?

Yeah. Brandon Weeden played at Oklahoma St from the ages 23-28 after failing to make it in pro baseball. We also have a player on the roster that is a former Navy Seal, Damian Jackson who is 25 or 26.

About 20 years ago there was a professor at a small college who retired from being a professor ... and then went out for football. If you never attended a practice, signed a LoI, etc., taking classes and even earning a degree don't hurt your eligibility. Chris Weinke was in his late 20s when he played at Florida State and won the Heisman, but they put an age limit on NCAA football players after that. I want to say that they have to start their eligibility by 25, but I'm not at all sure about that.

I don't know what the rules are for NAIA or other NCAA levels, but I'd guess that there's a level somewhere that he could play. I have heard of guys who washed out of baseball and then went to college to play football at a lower level because they wanted to coach football later on.

Several years ago Sports Illustrated interviewed a group of players who had made millions in signing bonuses, but had experienced much less than stellar pro careers. I don't remember any of them stating that they were in a severe state of depression. They all seemed to be doing fine with their hefty bank accounts.
Maybe the same lack of character that allowed them to not be bothered about being paid to do something they didn’t is what caused them to not pan out in the first place.

Maybe the same lack of character that allowed them to not be bothered about being paid to do something they didn’t is what caused them to not pan out in the first place.
Lack of character would not be giving their best effort. If they tried hard and failed, that just makes them human and there is no reason to feel bad about being human.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back