• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Red Business: Private jet access for Husker coaches will get a boost

Florida Husker

Travel Squad
10 Year Member

Consider it a big bookkeeping victory if Nebraska is able to secure enough donations to cover some or all of the approximately $1 million in air travel costs.

And for donors?

There are two options to receive credit for their air fleet donation.

*100 percent tax deductibility, though no priority points.

*Priority points -- though no tax deduction. Three points will be awarded for every $100 cash or gift in kind donation in the current year; one priority point for each $100 cash or gift in kind donated in previous years.

In addition, donors who contribute at least $10,000 to the Husker Air Fleet will also receive an exclusive invitation to private events with coaches.

I'm surprised we don't have this all figured out by now. That's poor planning by prior AD's.

I have never been rich enough to pull my support when something doesn't go my way. Must be nice. But I guess I understand, it hurts in the mean time until all things get straightened out.

I have never been rich enough to pull my support when something doesn't go my way. Must be nice. But I guess I understand, it hurts in the mean time until all things get straightened out.
Some of the behind the scenes stories i've heard (since I hardly have enough money to be a part of the conversations) are crazy. Boosters can stop firings. Boosters can pull their support and get people fired. There's a story about after Riley started 1-2 an administrator saying "we can't afford to pay for two buyouts at once" and a singular booster flopping his goods on the table saying "i'll pay his buyout and Frosts yearly salary" after they destroyed Maryland.

Some of the behind the scenes stories i've heard (since I hardly have enough money to be a part of the conversations) are crazy. Boosters can stop firings. Boosters can pull their support and get people fired. There's a story about after Riley started 1-2 an administrator saying "we can't afford to pay for two buyouts at once" and a singular booster flopping his goods on the table saying "i'll pay his buyout and Frosts yearly salary" after they destroyed Maryland.
I got a little carried after downing two redbulls back to back but I meant every word!

That is an interesting way to describe that. But I believe it could happen. Several years ago I ran into a gentleman that is in the letter club, he is in his 70's, he said that Harvey was unable to get the boosters to pony up to fire Bo, enough of them still thought Bo was the man at that point. I get these guys are in the 1% it just amazes me of the power they wield, though, I guess it shouldn't.

That is an interesting way to describe that. But I believe it could happen. Several years ago I ran into a gentleman that is in the letter club, he is in his 70's, he said that Harvey was unable to get the boosters to pony up to fire Bo, enough of them still thought Bo was the man at that point. I get these guys are in the 1% it just amazes me of the power they wield, though, I guess it shouldn't.
If you believe the rumors, that 1% actually shut down Harvey firing Bo the first time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back