• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matthew Pola-Mao will not be visiting before NSD

I just don't want to get our hopes up to high until we hear it from NPG. I hope HoustonHusker is right, but it does bring up a point of debate. If NPG wants to announce it on 1/19/19, he has probably only told the coaches. I would think that NPG would want the coaches to keep it to themselves and if they did leak it, that may erode trust and possibly cause a flip. Being that people's real names aren't on this message board, I really don't know who any of the posters are short of RR & N2FL, so honestly I don't know who has inside information and who doesn't. ***'s posts seem to be pretty accurate, but if he has inside information, I'm confident his source doesn't want him sharing everything on this board. If he does have good sources (which he probably does), they may also ask him to leak 'some" information. In NPG's situation, I think NPG wants to tell everyone, so even though things looks good, based upon all the facts, his recent interview and the photo of him throwing the bones, I think we are realistically 50/50. I hope we are on the right side of the 50!

There are very few here with inside knowledge, and I for one am happy we have these guys! And for those who act like they have inside information, they have basically been called out and exposed. If I understand correctly, none of our "inside guys" here knew anything and have basically been going on hunch, logic, and maybe what they've heard about NPG's relationship with the staff through their contacts.

Things didn't turn crazy until Wiltfong dropped his CB...and then someone else came in off a vacation and claimed he had this information all along.

In the end, I'm very confident knowing Wiltfong leans NU here...especially so late in the cycle. He must have received definitive word this week. In my humble opinion...albeit worth nothing, says it leans 80/20 our way based on these events. Of course things can change, hence the 20%...

Last edited:
@Mack The Shark it’s 33% for USC and Nebraska on 247.

My source informed me Nebraska is the choice, Gates will be N. Take it for what’s it worth. Posters like @Red Reign think the news broke yesterday, when that is not the case..;)

Posters don’t like being told good news! I broke the news on Matthew Anderson as well! Anyway GBR, not all of you gotta believe..D

You didn't break anything. Your 'source' apparently broke the news...you're just a glorified parrot. And I'd guess if you do have someone on the inside you've probably been asked to keep it quiet. All of which makes me think you're still in some Houston highschool.

Last edited:

Hell, I never know if I'm going to make it to tomorrow during recruiting season. I mean, how many times can you log in to HM in a day???????????
My suggestion, and again only a suggestion would be for you and whomever that are frustrated/excited/freenzied over recruiting to go visit the 'Pass Me an Oreo' or the recently ever popular 'Red Head' thread in the cafe. At least that is a good reason to be frustrated instead of worrying about 17 year olds that haven't played a down of football yet. :nod:

I just don't want to get our hopes up to high until we hear it from NPG. I hope HoustonHusker is right, but it does bring up a point of debate. If NPG wants to announce it on 1/19/19, he has probably only told the coaches. I would think that NPG would want the coaches to keep it to themselves and if they did leak it, that may erode trust and possibly cause a flip. Being that people's real names aren't on this message board, I really don't know who any of the posters are short of RR & N2FL, so honestly I don't know who has inside information and who doesn't. ***'s posts seem to be pretty accurate, but if he has inside information, I'm confident his source doesn't want him sharing everything on this board. If he does have good sources (which he probably does), they may also ask him to leak 'some" information. In NPG's situation, I think NPG wants to tell everyone, so even though things looks good, based upon all the facts, his recent interview and the photo of him throwing the bones, I think we are realistically 50/50. I hope we are on the right side of the 50!

This is NOT insider information, but here's the way that the logic flows. If you watched NPG do his interviews with various sportswriters, he could easily have made anyone of them believe that he is coming to their school because he only gave positive thoughts on his final three, and he'd expand on them when anyone asked from any school. I assume that this was why the USC guy convinced himself that that was where he was going. He did the same with his interviews with Nebraska folks, so we're just as susceptible. However, ...

He roomed with Ty Robinson, and he apparently spent time with Wandale. If he's coming to Nebraska, I'd be shocked if he didn't tell them and then asked them to keep it quiet until the 19th. I don't think that it's meant to be a secret so much as he wants it to be suspenseful and exciting when he announces, and he wants it to be connected to the Polynesian Bowl. I assume that this was why the recent CB went towards Nebraska: one of our signees said something off the record. When you add in that he's coming to visit with his cousin after announcing his commitment, and when you read the assurances given by those in this thread who have real access to the kind of off-the-record info that I just described, I'm confident that he's planning on declaring for us on the 19th.

If all of that sounds like reading tea leaves, it kind of is, but that's why we come here, and if you spend enough time hear you start to figure out who is usually right.

My suggestion, and again only a suggestion would be for you and whomever that are frustrated/excited/freenzied over recruiting to go visit the 'Pass Me an Oreo' or the recently ever popular 'Red Head' thread in the cafe. At least that is a good reason to be frustrated instead of worrying about 17 year olds that haven't played a down of football yet. :nod:
If that is true why are we recruiting them?

All I know is that if he commits to ASU or USC, but still accompanies his cousin on his visit to NU, that would be weird. I know the coaches could still get in his ear while here, but talk about awkward....If Noa does commit to someone other than NU, I would believe his cousin would cancel the trip to NU, cause, IMO, there is no way he goes to NU without Noa......unless the female cousin playing softball at NU is his sister.

You didn't break anything. Your 'source' apparently broke the news...you're just a glorified parrot. And I'd guess if you do have someone on the inside you've probably been asked to keep it quiet. All of which makes me think you're still in some Houston highschool.
Incorrect. He is 4 years removed from HS.

All I know is that if he commits to ASU or USC, but still accompanies his cousin on his visit to NU, that would be weird. I know the coaches could still get in his ear while here, but talk about awkward....If Noa does commit to someone other than NU, I would believe his cousin would cancel the trip to NU, cause, IMO, there is no way he goes to NU without Noa......unless the female cousin playing softball at NU is his sister.

Very true

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back