• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #15, (L, 93-84), Sun, 1/6 @ Iowa (#44) (11-3) (0-3), 4:30pm CT, BTN

Final Stats:

upload_2019-1-6_16-41-34.png

I'm not a basketball guru, but I dont see a tournament team when I look at Nebraska. Too many easy points for the opposition, and a team that looks clueless on offense for 3 to 4 minutes each half.

I was looking forward to this season. Now it seems more of the same.

Coaching lost us the last two games. Playing a 1-3-1 on an inbound pass against Maryland was just wrong.

Basic way to beat a zone. 'Patiently aggressive' dribbling into the seams and top of key no matter what.
You either:
1) pass and shoot in the paint with slow play the way they attacked it today
2) You pass outside for QUICK 3's hoping to use the lower percentage in your favor with volume and force them to guard perimeter, setting up an inside game.

What actually happened...Slow passing run the clock down to 3-7 seconds throw up a long bad 3. Worst possible attack as the Iowa team actually could expend their effort on Offense, which they did. Never seemed to have a clue on making any changes.

I don't usually comment on basketball but have been following Cornhusker hoops since the late 70s.
Let me just say this...
I AM SICK OF SUCKING.
In 2019, with all of the B1G cash and facilities that we have, there is ZERO reason why we must continue to suck. When Loyola-Chicago can reach a Final Four or when a perennial nobodies like Nevada or Buffalo can be in the Top15, there are simply NO LEGITIMATE EXCUSES remaining. If this team barely scrapes by at 9-9 in conference and heads to the NIT, Moos must fire Miles and the open the checkbook.
Look what a proven coach is doing at Tennessee...at Mississippi State...at Houston...at Auburn...Need I continue?

I know. I'm stating the obvious. Again, however, I'm just tired of sucking. Period.

I don't usually comment on basketball but have been following Cornhusker hoops since the late 70s.
Let me just say this...
I AM SICK OF SUCKING.
In 2019, with all of the B1G cash and facilities that we have, there is ZERO reason why we must continue to suck. When Loyola-Chicago can reach a Final Four or when a perennial nobodies like Nevada or Buffalo can be in the Top15, there are simply NO LEGITIMATE EXCUSES remaining. If this team barely scrapes by at 9-9 in conference and heads to the NIT, Moos must fire Miles and the open the checkbook.
Look what a proven coach is doing at Tennessee...at Mississippi State...at Houston...at Auburn...Need I continue?

I know. I'm stating the obvious. Again, however, I'm just tired of sucking. Period.
We are all tired of the Kingdom of Suck.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back