• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sami Slaughter is transferring to University of South Dakota

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member

Slaughter, the 2016 South Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year after leading Harrisburg High School to a state title, will be joining the Coyotes after spending her first two college seasons at Nebraska.

The 6-foot-1 Slaughter, who will enroll at South Dakota this spring, will have two seasons of eligibility remaining and is joining a Coyotes team fresh off the school's first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance at the NCAA Division I level.

Slaughter, an Academic All-Big Ten selection, appeared in 10 matches this season while totaling 25 kills and 11 digs as Nebraska reached the national championship match. She appeared in six matches and totaled five kills during Nebraska’s national title season in 2017.
Article Link

What a bummer. :(

Good luck in life and all of your endeavors Sami.

Once a HUSKER, always a HUSKER.

:Rockon: :Mfclap:

Hey, you don't see a ton of 6'1" outsides playing at the level the Huskers play. She's got some good bounce, but I'm sure it's tougher for her than some of our 6'3"-6'4" players. I think she'll be a big factor for SoDak and their program. She got a ring, now she can get some playing time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back