• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Championship: Nebraska/Stanford

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
Well, just like last season, I have to go to my wife's office Xmas party the same night as the Huskers play in the championship game. Being irrationally superstitious when it comes to sports, I obviously have to go as it turned out so well last year.

Looks like I will be in the corner on my phone watching ESPN once again.

Can't believe I forgot it was tonight. Was watching the local news after the football game, to which I barely paid attention, and they talked about Stanford making it to the final. Didn't bother to mention whom they'd be facing. o_O Way to go girls! GBR!

Well, just like last season, I have to go to my wife's office Xmas party the same night as the Huskers play in the championship game. Being irrationally superstitious when it comes to sports, I obviously have to go as it turned out so well last year.

Same thing here. I remember you g and catching updates at the bar. This year it's at a hotel and I booked a room for the night. Can always sneak away for a but and catch some of it.

At least I got to catch tonight's match in person.

Stanford looked amazing both matches I have watched them play. Our Huskers will have to play very well to beat them. I hope they play their best and beat the Cardinal. GBR and hope they add another NC.

Just know that everyone else at the party will be secretly wishing their team was in the final, and even remotely as kick-ass as the Cornhusker Women's Volleyball Team. :nod:

Last edited:

Maybe your wife needs to switch companies in 2019 or lead the committee that picks the date for the office Xmas party? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Can't believe I forgot it was tonight. Was watching the local news after the football game, to which I barely paid attention, and they talked about Stanford making it to the final. Didn't bother to mention whom they'd be facing. o_O Way to go girls! GBR!

Husker game probably wasn't over yet when the local news was on in Cent time.

I didn't watch Stanford at all, but see they have two 6'6" and one 6'4" on the front line. Will be interesting to see what Coach Cook has for his strategy.

Last edited:

I think (Penn State notwithstanding) that we have a championship match between the two most storied volleyball programs in NCAA history:

Only two teams to teams have been ranked in the Top 25 every week of every year of the AVCA poll.

Most overall NCAA Wins:
1 Nebraska 1,308
2 UCLA 1,291
3 BYU 1,250
4 Missouri State 1,250
5 Penn State 1,246

Most Final Four appearances:
1 Stanford 21
2 Nebraska 14
3 Penn State 13
4 UCLA 12
4 Texas 12

Most NCAA tournament wins:
1 Stanford 116
2 Nebraska 108
3 Penn State 98
4 Texas 92
5 UCLA 90

I think (Penn State notwithstanding) that we have a championship match between the two most storied volleyball programs in NCAA history:

Only two teams to teams have been ranked in the Top 25 every week of every year of the AVCA poll.

Most overall NCAA Wins:
1 Nebraska 1,308
2 UCLA 1,291
3 BYU 1,250
4 Missouri State 1,250
5 Penn State 1,246

Most Final Four appearances:
1 Stanford 21
2 Nebraska 14
3 Penn State 13
4 UCLA 12
4 Texas 12

Most NCAA tournament wins:
1 Stanford 116
2 Nebraska 108
3 Penn State 98
4 Texas 92
5 UCLA 90

You did mention Penn State so maybe we agree on this, and it kind of kills me to concede this, but I think one has to say the match is of 2 of the 3 equally storied programs at the top, including them. They and Stanford each have 7 NCs to Nebrasla's 5, they were absolutely kiling it up til 4 years ago, and they are still very close.

Most NCAA tournament championships:
1 Stanford 7
2 Penn State 7
3 Nebraska 5
4 UCLA 4
5 Tie - Hawaii, Long Beach State, USC 3

UCLA would like to argue their way onto the podium as well, but they are now a step behind on the stats and have fallen off a lot lately. But really for where they are they could come right back.

Whereas for where Nebraska is, and our population compared to the others, we have no business ever winning anything. Coaching, coaching, coaching.

Last edited:

I didn't watch Stanford at all, but see they have two 6'6" and one 6'4" on the front line. Will be interesting to see what Coach Cook has for his strategy.
I only saw a highlights but the announcer said they were a blocking machine. You're right, it will be interesting what Cook does.

Nebraska won't be able to start slow like they did last night, imo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back