• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star All-Purpose RB Wandale Robinson is N! Named To Kentucky All-USA First Team

Until you ...

get-them-to-sign-on-the-line-which-is-dotted.jpg

I am just :Popcorn: this
MV5BMTc3NTM4NTMwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM1Mjg4NA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

How do you keep all these RBs happy with touches now? I mean we had three incoming recruits besides WR and we have MWashington from last year who is awesome. Is WR considered a RB or a WR/RB. He seems very similar to MWashington. Two great guys with speed.
If you haven't already, read the article by Brian Christopherson. He mentions how in this offense Frost can get lots of people involved and happy.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...k-Mills-Rahmir-Johnson-recruiting--125941659/

"Take a look at UCF's offensive production in 2017 some time. It spreads key yardage production to about 13 guys, with underclassmen in leading roles. You can get the ball, and you can play early if you show the right stuff. And you can contribute no matter your measurables."

To get an idea of what a Duck-R position can look like, watch some DeAnthony Thomas highlights from Oregon. DAT was also a freak athlete who ran track and hurdles, so he had crazy speed. But the scheme could look similar.

If you haven't already, read the article by Brian Christopherson. He mentions how in this offense Frost can get lots of people involved and happy.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...k-Mills-Rahmir-Johnson-recruiting--125941659/

"Take a look at UCF's offensive production in 2017 some time. It spreads key yardage production to about 13 guys, with underclassmen in leading roles. You can get the ball, and you can play early if you show the right stuff. And you can contribute no matter your measurables."
Great article. Worth noting rhe avengers comment came from an IA homer

Need the ink.

With the new redshirt rules, there's the ink and the first five games. Not that a kid can't still pull the trigger and transfer, but it becomes a much bigger ordeal after that redshirt window passes.

It seems as if the days of singing day being the end of the suspense are over.

I just want to throw this out there a little. Johnny Rodgers

I know WR is a bigger and stronger... but he has some of JR open field moves

How do you keep all these RBs happy with touches now? I mean we had three incoming recruits besides WR and we have MWashington from last year who is awesome. Is WR considered a RB or a WR/RB. He seems very similar to MWashington. Two great guys with speed.
You won’t be able to. You have Spielman, Robinson, and Jones all playing the same position.

That being said, it will be really cool to see us come out with Washington and Spielman/Robinson in the backfield one play, then not sub at all so we can go tempo and line up in 5 wide the next play. The defense will either stay in their base which means LBs are going to be chasing those two cats around, or they are going to sub in defensive backs and when those 2 are in the backfield we will have DBs being responsible for gaps. I like it.

Last edited:
You won’t be able to. You have Spielman, Robinson, and Jones all playing the same position.

That being said, it will be really cool to see us come out with Washington and Spielman/Robinson in the backfield one play, then not sub at all so we can go tempo and line up in 5 wide the next play. The defense will either stay in their base which means LBs are going to be chasing those two cats around, or they are going to sub in defensive backs and when those 2 are in the backfield we will have DBs being responsible for gaps. I like it.

Strategery. I like it....

Plus the dual threat ability of the quarterback will really keep defenses on their heels

If i missed this earlier in the thread im sorry, but can someone expand on whether he is a WR or a RB?

I cant remember us signing 4 RBs EVER. Id be wondering if we could stil sign all 4. And quite frankly we need WRs desperately

There was an awful lot of pressure for Robinson to stay home and go to Kentucky, but at the end of the day his fit in Nebraska's offense played a deciding factor. He looks to be tailor-made to play the Duck-R position in Scott Frost's explosive offense. He will primarily line up as a slot receiver, but will also be featured in the backfield as a running back at times as well. It's a role that not only features all of his skills, but also creates a lot of mismatches for opposing defenses.

3. As a receiver, Robinson shows to have very reliable hands. He primarily worked out of the slot in high school which is where he will mostly work at when he gets to college. He's a player that can not only turn a bubble screen into a long play by making a defender miss in the open field and taking it the distance, but he also has the top-end speed to be a vertical threat in the passing game as well. He's not the biggest target, but he certainly has the leaping ability to go up and get the football and make catches in a crowd when he needs to.

You link in this post

Thanks

RR

If i missed this earlier in the thread im sorry, but can someone expand on whether he is a WR or a RB?

I cant remember us signing 4 RBs EVER. Id be wondering if we could stil sign all 4. And quite frankly we need WRs desperately
Primarily in the slot, but he will also line up in the backfield.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back