• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burn Gophers Burn

RedinIowa

All Bus Team
10 Year Member
I hope the huskers take it to Minnesota. Without a bowl season again I am all in Nebrasketball. I am kind of disappointed in the amount of interest in the team that is going to win in the NCAA.

It's pretty typical for the non-hardcore fans to trickle their interest over to hoops after New Year's.

Regarding the Gophers ... that's one team you can count on spontaneously combusting every season. I would enjoy if NU helps them in that regard on Wednesday night.

It's pretty typical for the non-hardcore fans to trickle their interest over to hoops after New Year's.

Regarding the Gophers ... that's one team you can count on spontaneously combusting every season. I would enjoy if NU helps them in that regard on Wednesday night.

They really only have one bad game so far this year. OSU is a good team, so losing to them isn’t horrible. This isn’t a gimme.

They really only have one bad game so far this year. OSU is a good team, so losing to them isn’t horrible. This isn’t a gimme.

Oh, it's definitely not a gimme game.

Minnesota typically has plenty of talent. They also have a tendency to fade as the season progresses.

Nebraska is favored by 3, last I checked. We could win. I'm not thinking we "should" win.

I've been a Nebraska basketball fan since attending games when Cipriano was coach. I know better than to become a cocky Nebraska basketball fan. ;)

I follow the hoops team, both men's and women's, the volleyball team, etc. As a matter of fact, I follow all the NU teams during their seasons. I am not a non-hardcore fan. I am a hardcore NU fan. Football is over, on to the next NU team season and cheer them on. They are all GBR to me..........................With that said, yes football is my go-to team.

Last edited:
I've never been so excited for Nebrasketball. They are so fun to watch. I noticed last year. But this is the most fluid, athletic, natural, savvy, team Nebraska has ever seen. I woke up this morning excited to watch the game tonight. In fact, yesterday I started getting excited.

Oh, it's definitely not a gimme game.

Minnesota typically has plenty of talent. They also have a tendency to fade as the season progresses.

Nebraska is favored by 3, last I checked. We could win. I'm not thinking we "should" win.

I've been a Nebraska basketball fan since attending games when Cipriano was coach. I know better than to become a cocky Nebraska basketball fan. ;)

Yes, it is a challenge being a fan. Cip was a guy I absolutely couldn’t stand, but he brought quite a bit of talent and wins to the program.

Not cocky? Inconceivable!

I talk Husker smack to Arizona fans about basketball. Thats how warped I am. :wow:

Yes, it is a challenge being a fan. Cip was a guy I absolutely couldn’t stand, but he brought quite a bit of talent and wins to the program.

I don't know that it's a challenge being a fan -- but it is a challenge to bring in new fans. If you grow up as a Husker basketball fan, you kinda accept mediocrity -- and then when something really special happens, it's pretty much the best thing in Husker sports history.

I was a UNL student ticket holder during the 90-91 hoops season, and that was the most fun I've ever had following any Nebraska sport. I was in the same class as the seniors on the greatest NU hoops team of all-time, so it made it even more fun.

I don't know that it's a challenge being a fan -- but it is a challenge to bring in new fans. If you grow up as a Husker basketball fan, you kinda accept mediocrity -- and then when something really special happens, it's pretty much the best thing in Husker sports history.

I was a UNL student ticket holder during the 90-91 hoops season, and that was the most fun I've ever had following any Nebraska sport. I was in the same class as the seniors on the greatest NU hoops team of all-time, so it made it even more fun.

Agree completely. It’s almost like being a true Cubs fan. When and if Nebraska finally does something in the post-season, it will be that much more rewarding, almost as if the thousands of hours you have dedicated to Nebraska hoops will finally pay off and be rewarded. It will be a little hard to share the moment with the bandwagon types. On one hand, you welcome any Nebraska basketball fan with open arms. On the other, you know that you have 30+ holes stabbed in your heart over the years, something the bandwagon types have never experienced.

Agree completely. It’s almost like being a true Cubs fan. When and if Nebraska finally does something in the post-season, it will be that much more rewarding, almost as if the thousands of hours you have dedicated to Nebraska hoops will finally pay off and be rewarded. It will be a little hard to share the moment with the bandwagon types. On one hand, you welcome any Nebraska basketball fan with open arms. On the other, you know that you have 30+ holes stabbed in your heart over the years, something the bandwagon types have never experienced.
Imagine how the 11 baseball fans felt when NU baseball started selling out the Buck and then the new stadium. ;)

Not cocky? Inconceivable!

I talk Husker smack to Arizona fans about basketball. Thats how warped I am. :wow:

For some, pain is pleasure.

We're all a little warped on this Board! :Stickouttongue: :Lol:
(Imagine a Fan calling Huskers BB 'Exciting'! :Shout: (I agree, btw! :Redface:)

The question is: Does the Board 'Warp' us; Or, is it the 'Warped' that seek it out? :confused:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back