• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who has the coaching carousel Scoop?

Urban gone, to be replaced by Ryan Day, per multiple sources. Will coach the Rose Bowl.
UM just needs to go back to doing analysis on a network for his health sake. I’ll be interested in seeing what Day does there. I hope he fails miserably and OSU declines. I’d certainly think that their recruiting will suffer at least a little bit, as RD is not a well known commodity like UM or most of the other well known HC’s nationwide.

With all the issues Maryland has had I find this maybe a strange hire. Thought they would have kept the OC who did a pretty good job considering all things.

Super odd... they just get done settling a law suit for wrongful death... completely botched the investigation and outcome so much so that the players and students signed a gazillion petition signatures...

Then you hire a guy that utterly failed at New Mexico and the below off the field.

"In 2009, Locksley was served with a one-game suspension for punching one of his assistant coaches. He also was sued for sexual harassment by a former administrative assistant, though he resolved all legal claims in that matter."

It baffles me to no end.

Super odd... they just get done settling a law suit for wrongful death... completely botched the investigation and outcome so much so that the players and students signed a gazillion petition signatures...

Then you hire a guy that utterly failed at New Mexico and the below off the field.

"In 2009, Locksley was served with a one-game suspension for punching one of his assistant coaches. He also was sued for sexual harassment by a former administrative assistant, though he resolved all legal claims in that matter."

It baffles me to no end.
Baffles me too but I guess we are not in charge and I don't remember getting a phone call, so it rests in their lap. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want someone 'squeeky' clean.

If they were interested in 'squeeky' clean, Durkin wouldn't have been allowed to return as HC. I'm guessing that at that point in time the payout for firing him was their prime concern. They guessed wrong and the PR fallout killed them. (No pun intended.) Now, the idea of getting a top Alabama assistant overrides everything.

Last edited:
If they were interested in 'squeeky' clean, Durkin wouldn't have been allowed to return as HC. I'm guessing that at that point in time the payout for firing him was their prime concern. They guessed wrong and the PR fallout killed them. (No pun intended.) Now, the idea of getting a top Alabama assistant overrides everything.
I am pretty sure my offensive scheme would look pretty damn swell with Tua and co running it...

Since who they hired is not 'squeaky' clean you are right, but I am not sure that it was a smart decision. His off the field stuff aside he hasn't won much when he was the head man, and I guess I don't see Maryland as the new up and coming program. I could be wrong. We shall see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back