• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Potential grad transfers

wheat

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Any news on potential grad transfers? I suppose that conversation will heat up as the regular season ends.

A couple of guys who declared their intentions by using the four game rule that could be of interest:

Jalen McCleskey, WR, Oklahoma State. He is sixth on OSU's all-time receiving chart.

Jonathan Nance, WR, Arkansas. JC tranfer to Arkansas had about 500 receiving yards as a junior but only one catch in his limited action this year.

No idea if these guys are considering NU but we could use some receiver help for 2019. McCleskey, especially, could soften the blow of losing Morgan if he's a good cultural fit for the program.

I imagine the transfers will be on the coaches minds throughout the spring and summer as well

Miami, FL's leading WR either left or was kicked off the team this week. I think he has two years left to play. We could really use someone who is proven at the FBS level to step in for Stanley Morgan next year.

Miami, FL's leading WR either left or was kicked off the team this week. I think he has two years left to play. We could really use someone who is proven at the FBS level to step in for Stanley Morgan next year.

I'm confused by how much we did not see jaevon McQuitty this year, had an incredible spring game, and kept hearing good things about him in the fall, and then poof - I wonder what it was. I've always thought of him as the next man up in the WR core.

I think we'll see more Hunt, and I've never heard if Dominic watt has a 2-year JUCO sentence or if he'll be elligibille to come over right away, but I really like his size

I'm confused by how much we did not see jaevon McQuitty this year, had an incredible spring game, and kept hearing good things about him in the fall, and then poof - I wonder what it was. I've always thought of him as the next man up in the WR core.

I think we'll see more Hunt, and I've never heard if Dominic watt has a 2-year JUCO sentence or if he'll be elligibille to come over right away, but I really like his size

I think I read that Watt is banished to Juco for the full 2 years because he was flagged by the NCAA, probably because they hate us more than ESPN does or something :Biggrin: Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Last edited:
I think Frost is trying to get rid of guys like that.

Watt was a huge loss, that was the Stanley Morgan replacement. Has to be 2 year if we wanted him at Nebraska and he couldn't get in. That means he didn't qualify. If he can get somewhere after one year, Nebraska fouled up, which I think is happening less and less now.

I've heard off the field issues with McQuitty. Let me clarify that these qualify as rumors.

I do not know this, but I think he is not yet physically recovered from his injuries. Hope that's it and 2019 is all good for him.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back