• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I'm sure it's already been said, but

But no doubt he did it with a crew that hadn't seen a win under the QB he superseded.

My God. They won their first game of the year in 2016. Milton didn’t throw a pass until the third game. I’m having a hard time understanding the condescension from someone who is so wrong so often.

My God. They won their first game of the year in 2016. Milton didn’t throw a pass until the third game. I’m having a hard time understanding the condescension from someone who is so wrong so often.
It's called doubling down on being extremely wrong time and again........ :Banghead:

Last edited:
Exactly. AM needs to watch film of Tommie Frazier, who never played bad and never lost a game as a freshman. Oh wait.....

People forget that NU's arguably best QB ever was locked in competition through his career with a guy not quite as good athletically, but very reliably and fully capable of playing at a high level.

Last edited:
People forget that NU's arguably best QB ever was locked in competition through his career with a guy not quite as good athletically, but very reliably and fully capable of playing at a high level.

TF and BB? If so, this is an all-time record for fake news. Nobody forgot...because it never happened.

I've read some crazy stuff before. This takes the cake for pure, unadulterated insanity...although I am not very surprised.

So was Martinez and he won the start, and must of been convincing enough to make the other qb bolt ... Not sure the point your trying to make - Frost and crew brought in a very poised and gifted qb year one and they have one coming in next two classes.

Maybe we should rethink Frost contract, he should have brought in 3 blue chip qb’s in the months time he had to recruit. :rolleyes:

I'm more concerned with Martinez as a leader. A future winner usually pulls out a win early on in their career. So far all heartbreaking and no upsetting. Guys like Martinez are fun to watch, but I'm looking for game wins not moral victories. Jamal Lord blew away Crouch's records, and in the end "me-ball" sunk the team. Martinez is like Lord crushing the stats at the expense of game wins. Martinez is not the guy getting us to an undefeated season. Ohio State literally tried to feed him an upset situation, but he stubbornly refused to take the opportunity. The greats never seem to look gift horses in the mouth like that.

I'm more concerned with Martinez as a leader. A future winner usually pulls out a win early on in their career. So far all heartbreaking and no upsetting. Guys like Martinez are fun to watch, but I'm looking for game wins not moral victories. Jamal Lord blew away Crouch's records, and in the end "me-ball" sunk the team. Martinez is like Lord crushing the stats at the expense of game wins. Martinez is not the guy getting us to an undefeated season. Ohio State literally tried to feed him an upset situation, but he stubbornly refused to take the opportunity. The greats never seem to look gift horses in the mouth like that.

MadRat, unlike everyone else I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. You are correct. As of yet, we have not seen AM pull a game out of the fire for us. It's too bad he could not finish the Colorado game. I felt he was on the verge of winning that one for us.

Against tOSU, we came back and took the lead at halftime. In the 3rd quarter, when we could have put more distance between us and them, AM did not play his best and gave tOSU a chance to take command...and they took it. The 3rd quarter was the best time for AM to take his game to next level, but instead his game seemed to regress a little bit.

Is that a sign that AM may not have killer instinct or the heart and will of a champion?

I think it is too early to tell. AM certainly has the skills of a great QB, but at this point its not clear if he has the mindset and heart of a champion.

However, like you MadRat, I am also going to give AM the benefit of the doubt. Verduzco said the primary thing he wants AM to do is protect the ball. That's not exactly in line with the "no fear of failure" philosophy. If AM is doing as he is coached, and thinking mostly about avoiding errors, then he is not going to be completely free to do everything he is capable of.

AM is very young. One day he will gain the confidence of SF, TW, and MV and they will just tell him to go out and do what he has to do to win the games. But at this point in his career, the coaches are telling him to go out and mostly protect the ball (and himself).

One day the reigns will be completely lifted from AM. Until then, it will be hard to determine if he can or will become a champion.

When I think of QBs who had the heart and will of a champion...along with the killer instinct...the first one that comes to mind is Jerry Tagge. That guy was money in every game he played. Then there is TF, SF and EC. Wisconsin's Russell Wilson comes to mind as well. And then there was that darn Jamal Holliway for OU. He was a pain in the rear.

Last edited:
Not even gonna bother with your post, but I watched the game last night, and in the 3rd, AM didn't play his best, but also, 3 receivers flat out failed to catch what most likely would either have been direct TD's or lead to a TD. One of those passes was a little behind the receiver, but all 3 of those passes were right where they needed to be and even hit the receivers in the hands 2 out of 3. Those guys have to make those catches, and Speilman was one of those guys.

Not even gonna bother with your post, but I watched the game last night, and in the 3rd, AM didn't play his best, but also, 3 receivers flat out failed to catch what most likely would either have been direct TD's or lead to a TD. One of those passes was a little behind the receiver, but all 3 of those passes were right where they needed to be and even hit the receivers in the hands 2 out of 3. Those guys have to make those catches, and Speilman was one of those guys.

I agree. Our receivers dropped some catchable balls in the 3rd quarter. The long pass to JD was on target. He had separation but he grew alligator arms on that one.

I certainly think AM is on his way to becoming a championship QB...but its not an absolute given at this point. If MadRat wants to remain a bit skeptical at this time, I'm OK with it.

Last edited:
I've read some crazy stuff before. This takes the cake for pure, unadulterated insanity...although I am not very surprised.
It honestly reminds me of this...........

bizzaro.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back