• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ziggy, Washington, Martinez the O-Line (maybe some JD and Wyatt)

Hotlanta Husker

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
Saturday is going to be a day for running the ball 50-60 times... very cold morning with 18-20 MPH winds out of the south...

A day for the big boys up front to road grade and show some Husker nastiness...

I want 400 yards rushing on these boys from Champaign-Urbana.... The "Fighting" Illini give up over 240 yards a game on the ground... DOUBLE IT

Last edited:

Saturday is going to be a day for running the ball 50-60 times... very cold morning with 18-20 MPH winds out of the south...

A day for the big boys up front to road grade and show some Husker nastiness...

I want 400 yards rushing on these boys from Champaign-Urbana.... The "Fighting" Illini give up over 240 yards a game on the ground... DOUBLE IT
I would still like JD and Morgan to get ~100 yards receiving. They're going to need it if they want to break 1,000.

I would still like JD and Morgan to get ~100 yards receiving. They're going to need it if they want to break 1,000.
Maybe a few down the field play action home runs with the wind at our back... or bubble screens that they break loose on... Don't see us putting the ball in the air more than 15 times.

Maybe a few down the field play action home runs with the wind at our back... or bubble screens that they break loose on... Don't see us putting the ball in the air more than 15 times.
At least 25 passes this game. Mostly short patterns, but for sure at least 25 times. JD, Morgan, Washington are too good in the passing game to leave it that untouched.

if we can't throw the ball we probably won't be able to run on a consistent basis. I think our line is getting better but they won't be able to do much if the threat of the pass isn't there. No reason to change what has been working and the wind shouldn't affect the short passes/screens very much. If we get up by a bunch then by all means keep it on the ground, but until then run the offense they way it is supposed to be run.

Anyone worried about the CA quarterback playing in freezing temps for the first time? He's been pretty amazing, but he's made mistakes when he's run into something new. I still think he throws it around, but don't be surprised if he licks a flagpole or something.

Anyone worried about the CA quarterback playing in freezing temps for the first time? He's been pretty amazing, but he's made mistakes when he's run into something new. I still think he throws it around, but don't be surprised if he licks a flagpole or something.
I am unconcerned. There are like 50 things that worry me more.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back