• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #1, (W, 106-37), Tue, 11/6 vs Mississippi Valley State (#348), @ PBA, 7:00pm CT, BTN Plus

Here's the Official Box Score:

upload_2018-11-7_10-15-47.png

upload_2018-11-7_10-18-46.png

MVSU is a very bad basketball team. Not sure how much we can learn from this. We did what we were supposed to do though...and then some. It will be interesting if we play that fast all season.

New(er) guys playing for anrotation spot...

Amir Harris reminds me a lot of Jason Dourisseau. Not all that good of shooter, but man, athletic and long enough that he’s a big factor on both ends of the court. Looks to have decent handles and vision, too. Just watching him, kid looks like he belongs at a high level of basketball. I don’t think defensive intensity will be a problem, he could carve himself out a decent role this year. Excited to see him develop here, looks to be a good find.

Brady Heiman with 9 points and 13 boards. Good footwork for a freshman. I think he understands where he’s supposed to be and seems to have a decent shot. He’s going to have to play this year, but he’s going to take lumps, especially in conference play. He’s got to get much stronger. I know those are great stats, but he left 3 rebounds out there because he wasn’t strong enough. I think he’s going to be a nice player down the road.

Thor has some ball skills, had a couple nice takes. We will see if lateral quickness is an issue. Ask me again after Seton Hall.

Nana can be a big weapon off the bench for us. He’s not afraid to shoot, that’s for sure. Nailed a lot of threes last night.

Actually you are trying to take away from the win. MSVSt is a terrible team for sure, but in the past you might see NU struggle with a team like this early and then pull away late for a 12 pt win.

NU shot 55% from the field and 40% from 3 point land. Nebraska doesn't shoot that well sometimes in shoot around.

They did what they were suppose to do for a change and that was kill an inferior opponent.

no actually i wasn't trying to take away from the win. but if you want me to, I certainly can. It would be nice if Miles' scatterbrain offense could find a reliable way to involve the most God gifted, talented player on the floor (Roby finished with what? 6 pts, on maybe 5 attempts.) I can always find something to B***** about when it comes to Smiles.

you're right though, that team was terrible. no sense in trying to read too much into this game.

Last edited:

MVSU is a very bad basketball team. Not sure how much we can learn from this. We did what we were supposed to do though...and then some. It will be interesting if we play that fast all season.

New(er) guys playing for anrotation spot...

Amir Harris reminds me a lot of Jason Dourisseau. Not all that good of shooter, but man, athletic and long enough that he’s a big factor on both ends of the court. Looks to have decent handles and vision, too. Just watching him, kid looks like he belongs at a high level of basketball. I don’t think defensive intensity will be a problem, he could carve himself out a decent role this year. Excited to see him develop here, looks to be a good find.

Brady Heiman with 9 points and 13 boards. Good footwork for a freshman. I think he understands where he’s supposed to be and seems to have a decent shot. He’s going to have to play this year, but he’s going to take lumps, especially in conference play. He’s got to get much stronger. I know those are great stats, but he left 3 rebounds out there because he wasn’t strong enough. I think he’s going to be a nice player down the road.

Thor has some ball skills, had a couple nice takes. We will see if lateral quickness is an issue. Ask me again after Seton Hall.

Nana can be a big weapon off the bench for us. He’s not afraid to shoot, that’s for sure. Nailed a lot of threes last night.
ya Nana hasn't found a shot he doesn't like yet. Harris is interesting for sure. It will be interesting to see if he can fight for more PT as the backup to Watson at PG. Small sample size so far with these 2 games, but he seems more natural in that position then T.Allen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back