• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This Is Great News

LingonVin

All American
15 Year Member
I always appreciate how Frost and his staff are so innovative in their endeavor to bring in the best players for the 2019 class and beyond. Thanks to HuskerMax for the great front page links and information.:)

LINKS11/8/2018
  • It’s a team effort* on Sunday and Monday nights when new plays are concocted by Scott Frost and his staff.

Last edited:

Can't read it.........that damn little * says so.
Try this one...

"We all have our own little nooks and crannies," said Husker tight ends coach Sean Beckton. "We have a third-down guy, we have a red-zone guy, we have a short-yardage guy, we have a run game, we have first and second downs, normal downs..."

Beckton is the red-zone guy. Offensive coordinator Troy Walters puts his stamp on the pass game. Offensive line coach Greg Austin zeroes in on run game ideas. There's running backs coach Ryan Held, looking for potential gadget plays that could be added. Egos are left at the door. Interns and grad assistants and quality control guys can put forward ideas too.

And there's Scott Frost overseeing it all.

"We invent some really good things and some other times I laugh at myself after the game thinking what was I thinking that was never going to work," the Husker head coach said this week. "But as a staff, we can usually balance each other out and tell each other when one of the ideas is stupid."
"The guys that we have on this staff, they are innovative," said true freshman quarterback Adrian Martinez. "They’ll bring something new to the table each week. It keeps us on our toes and obviously, our opponents as well. It is just fun. I wouldn’t say it is challenging because they do a great job of coaching it throughout the week. It kind of fits within our scheme and some of the plays we already have in place.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back