• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

First to do what many are already thinking about

MartyHuskerFan

Tired and True
Started a thread about the 2019 schedule.

Remember when Frost said, you better beat us now? I had this filled in with my predictions (hint 11-3), but I thought maybe you'd think less of me. I see 5 road games against nobody in the top 25. I only see only one game where the huskers will likely be underdogs. How soon till they make the top 25? top 10? Will AM be a preseason Heisman favorite? Get ready for it. How many of these games do you think they will lose? They may not be all the way back, but the hype machine will definitely be in full swing. Let me offer on word of advice (I will get tired of hearing). The word: patience.

South Alabama
@Colorado
Northern Illinois
@Illinois
Ohio State
Northwestern
@Minnesota
Indiana
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@Maryland
Iowa
B1G CG (Michigan)
Rose Bowl (Washington State)

Just as this season's schedule didn't turn out to be the beast everyone thought...19 may not be as easy as it looks. BUT based solely on those teams in 2018 it looks like a definite breakthrough year

Just as this season's schedule didn't turn out to be the beast everyone thought...19 may not be as easy as it looks. BUT based solely on those teams in 2018 it looks like a definite breakthrough year
Interesting. So what part of this schedule isn't still a beast. I would say that 3-4 teams. Colorado, Troy, Purdue and Northwestern are showing what we expected or more. Wisconsin under-performed as to their initial rankings and Ohio State and Michigan are in the top 10 and we played them both on the road. Most computer rankings have our SOS in the teens and we still have 2 rated teams to play.

Remember when Frost said, you better beat us now? I had this filled in with my predictions (hint 11-3), but I thought maybe you'd think less of me. I see 5 road games against nobody in the top 25. I only see only one game where the huskers will likely be underdogs. How soon till they make the top 25? top 10? Will AM be a preseason Heisman favorite? Get ready for it. How many of these games do you think they will lose? They may not be all the way back, but the hype machine will definitely be in full swing. Let me offer on word of advice (I will get tired of hearing). The word: patience.

South Alabama
@Colorado
Northern Illinois
@Illinois
Ohio State
Northwestern
@Minnesota
Indiana
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@Maryland
Iowa
B1G CG (Michigan)
I started looking at this already last year. We have a much easier schedule replacing Michigan and Michigan State with Maryland and Indiana. Now the Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa games are at home. I see 10-2 worst case scenarios. Personally even with this tough schedule this year if we could start over with this team I think we are 6-3 minimum instead of 2-7.

South Alabama
@Colorado
Northern Illinois
@Illinois
Ohio State
Northwestern
@Minnesota
Indiana
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@Maryland
Iowa
B1G CG (Michigan)

The schedule sets up pretty well on paper, but this team still needs to learn how to win. I know we have beaten Minnesota and B-C, but we are 0-4 in games decided by less than six points.

If we have competent Special Teams units next year, that will make a big difference in close games.

I'm certainly not jumping in the 10-2 train just yet fellas. We are a 2-7 team for a reason. Like Parcells used to always say, "you are what your record says you are." There is a lot of truth to that. We will be dangerously thin next year as well, and even with a softer schedule, I'd be elated with 7 or 8 wins. 2020 should be our target year to make some serious noise.

Last edited:

I'm certainly not jumping in the 10-2 train just yet fellas. We are a 2-7 team for a reason. Like Parcells used to always say, "your record says what you are." There is a lot of truth to that. We will be dangerously thin next year as well, and even with a softer schedule, I'd be elated with 7 or 8 wins. 2020 should be our target year to make some serious noise.
Gonna have to replace some production at WR, LB, RB, interior OL, and S. It will be interesting to see how the young bucks step up. Losing Morgan, Foster, and Ozigbo hurts a lot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back