• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HNC's quick thoughts - Wisconsin

HuskerNCorpus

Heisman
15 Year Member
1. Ozigbo not being used was a joke. One carry in the first half? How do you go from 170 yards rushing last week to one rush in the first 30 minutes?

2. Penalties are out of control. There were some bad calls, but the main issue is Nebraska being undisciplined.

3. Not going for 2 after the last TD was puzzling, at best.

4. Adrian Martinez is going to be GREAT. He has a ways to go, but I'm very excited about his future.

5. Mo Washington is a talent. I said it after the CU game. He's our most talented RB since Ahman Green.

6. The trio of Adrian, Mo and JD will be DEADLY! Dang good trio to build around.

7. We need an OL. The above won't mean much if we don't improve in a hurry up front.

8. Worst special teams in FBS. The punting is just laughably bad. And no other special teams unit is much better.

9. Cam Taylor needs to start over Eric Lee and Lamar Jackson.

10. Honas going down is huge. #5 just isn't getting it done. The defense as a unit is BAD. Very little fire, getting out-ran, out-muscled, and out-worked.

I still believe in Frost.

1. Ozigbo not being used was a joke. One carry in the first half? How do you go from 170 yards rushing last week to one rush in the first 30 minutes?

2. Penalties are out of control. There were some bad calls, but the main issue is Nebraska being undisciplined.

4. Adrian Martinez is going to be GREAT. He has a ways to go, but I'm very excited about his future.

5. Mo Washington is a talent. I said it after the CU game. He's our most talented RB since Ahman Green.

6. The trio of Adrian, Mo and JD will be DEADLY! Dang good trio to build around.

7. We need an OL. The above won't mean much if we don't improve in a hurry up front.

8. Worst special teams in FBS. The punting is just laughably bad. And no other special teams unit is much better.

10. Honas going down is huge. #5 just isn't getting it done. The defense as a unit is BAD. Very little fire, getting out-ran, out-muscled, and out-worked.

Ten for ten there (or at least very close)!

Just finished watching the game. Glad you started a thread on some quick thoughts. I'm with you on about everything. I think some of those bad calls (particularly in first half) really changed the game. Could have easily been one score at halftime. Aside from the score it was an enjoyable game for the most part. You can start to see some glimpses of what the offense is capable of. I agree, am, mo, and jd are going to be special guys. Really like the toughness of all 3. Wish the defense could've been more stout, but I didn't think it was due to lack of effort. Special teams need to flip the field-very mediocre there. Overall, really proud of our guys. Wished they could get a win, but if they continue to improve weekly that's the name of the game at this point. Havnt had ideal results up to this point, but I like our team and I think we're heading in the right direction.

As to #1: You do know the game plan changes every week and is tailored to the team we are playing. I thought we had a good overall game plan and that the coaches called a good game. IMO

Just finished watching the game. Glad you started a thread on some quick thoughts. I'm with you on about everything. I think some of those bad calls (particularly in first half) really changed the game. Could have easily been one score at halftime. Aside from the score it was an enjoyable game for the most part. You can start to see some glimpses of what the offense is capable of. I agree, am, mo, and jd are going to be special guys. Really like the toughness of all 3. Wish the defense could've been more stout, but I didn't think it was due to lack of effort. Special teams need to flip the field-very mediocre there. Overall, really proud of our guys. Wished they could get a win, but if they continue to improve weekly that's the name of the game at this point. Havnt had ideal results up to this point, but I like our team and I think we're heading in the right direction.
Can I get whatever this guy is drinking?

As to #1: You do know the game plan changes every week and is tailored to the team we are playing. I thought we had a good overall game plan and that the coaches called a good game. IMO
I thought their DLine and LBs were supposed to be strong against the run, and their secondary was the weakness. Seemed like a smart game plan.

I have to tell you, I was going to write up an analysis of this game but after reading your comments, I don't need to. You hit the ball out of the park with this very succinct thread/post. A true masterpiece. I share your thoughts on this.:thumbsup::thumbsup::Salute:

Last edited:

The running game with Ozigbo could easily have eaten some clock and given the defense a rest. Made no sense to continue to throw in the first half and leave the defense on the field for so many minutes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back