• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bad news in B1G

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State and of course Huskers lost. Especially Eastern Michigan vs. Purdue.

Last edited:
Our schedule is not looking as daunting as before. Still have some heavyweights to struggle with but not as tough as first thought.

Our schedule is not looking as daunting as before. Still have some heavyweights to struggle with but not as tough as first thought.

Seems like it always turns out that way. Some of these teams are starting to look like terds.

Seems like it always turns out that way. Some of these teams are starting to look like terds.

NWU lost to Duke early in the season last year too. They and Iowa always seem to get better as the season progresses.

I honestly don't give a rats hairy arse, if any other team in the B1G loses this year, it seriously, will not hurt my feelings. All I care about, is the Huskers winning, screw the rest of the B1G. I don't give a crap about bragging rights, as the "supposed" best conference and I seriously do not want to see OSU or Wisconsin in the playoffs, money and all that extra crap be damned. :O O:

Duke is just really really good so NW gets a pass... Purdue's loss inexcusable. Nebraska had the game won... as did Sparty... stupid mistakes were the reason.

Last edited:
As long as tOSU, Wisky and PSU keep winning, the B1G will be fine come the final CFP selection. Outside of Clemson and VT, the ACC is atrocious and the Pac-12 better hope Stanford doesn't lose to ND later this month.

I honestly don't give a rats hairy arse, if any other team in the B1G loses this year, it seriously, will not hurt my feelings. All I care about, is the Huskers winning, screw the rest of the B1G. I don't give a crap about bragging rights, as the "supposed" best conference and I seriously do not want to see OSU or Wisconsin in the playoffs, money and all that extra crap be damned. :O O:

LOL.... HHS... I kinda feel the same way most of the time too. I just don't "feel" BIG loyalty. Perhaps I will when it matters more for the Huskers (i.e. need opponent/conference strength to get in playoffs)

Am I supposed to just stop rooting for ISU over Iowa? Hell NO!!! :Biggrin:

LOL.... HHS... I kinda feel the same way most of the time too. I just don't "feel" BIG loyalty. Perhaps I will when it matters more for the Huskers (i.e. need opponent/conference strength to get in playoffs)

Am I supposed to just stop rooting for ISU over Iowa? Hell NO!!! :Biggrin:
I don't have the same loyalty I did during the Big8/12 that's for sure. I remember wanting all those teams to win (except the short horns). Now, I just don't care as much. I try each week to want them to win, but there's not much heart in it.

I really only care about the B1G winning so that the SEC homers I live among will shut the flip up.

The SEC in 2 weeks has played 10 FCS teams and will eventually play 14 total. The B1G... has played 1 (Western Illinois) and will play a second when Iowa plays Northern Iowa...

Of the 14 FCS schools the SEC will face... only 1 comes from the premier FCS conference, the MVC.... that was Southern Illinois who put up 629 yards of offense on Ole Miss and 41 points.

The 2 FCS teams the B1G will play are both MVC members and projected to finish higher than Southern Illinois...

I really only care about the B1G winning so that the SEC homers I live among will shut the flip up.

The SEC in 2 weeks has played 10 FCS teams and will eventually play 14 total. The B1G... has played 1 (Western Illinois) and will play a second when Iowa plays Northern Iowa...

Of the 14 FCS schools the SEC will face... only 1 comes from the premier FCS conference, the MVC.... that was Southern Illinois who put up 629 yards of offense on Ole Miss and 41 points.

The 2 FCS teams the B1G will play are both MVC members and projected to finish higher than Southern Illinois...
I feel you brother - live in Knoxville. Although it's been pretty quiet here of late.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back