• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

First Game of the Year grillin

chicago husker

Da Bears
5 Year Member
I am going to put some Lamb chops on the grill for the game. Haven't decided on the sides yet but once at the store it will all come together. What about everyone else?

I'm thinking about smoking some ribs but I'm not 100% set on that, yet. If I do, sides will be grilled corn on the cob, Ms. King's outrageously good mac and cheese and some jalapeno cornbread. I'm also toying with the idea of smoking some beef ribs, pulling them and making tacos. Sides for that will be guac, blackbeans and rice. Toppings will be mango salsa and quick pickled onions and radishes with an adobo aioli sauce. Now, I just need to decide which one.

I was tailgating at a game about 15 years ago, and a guy running a tailgate next to ours had made a barbequed venison kabobs. Stuff was incredible. I'd like to try that some day.

I'm thinking about smoking some ribs but I'm not 100% set on that, yet. If I do, sides will be grilled corn on the cob, Ms. King's outrageously good mac and cheese and some jalapeno cornbread. I'm also toying with the idea of smoking some beef ribs, pulling them and making tacos. Sides for that will be guac, blackbeans and rice. Toppings will be mango salsa and quick pickled onions and radishes with an adobo aioli sauce. Now, I just need to decide which one.

If I leave now I can bring the beer.

That sounds freaking phenomenal.

putting on some beef jerky (dr. pepper, jalapeno recipe) on my green moumtain pellet grill right now. also marinated terryaki chicken wings on the pellet grill. if you haven't tried the dr. pepper jalapeno jerky on the smoker or pellet grill, you need to. i've made a lot of jerky and this one is at the top if not the best. all i need now is beverages. captain morgan with rootbeer and a good husker football game. Life is good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back