• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HOL HD: Scott Frost recaps week one of Fall Camp

Great presser. Kind of a blow to hear that AM's slow motion vision is sputtering at times...Scotty will get it fixed though.

giphy.gif

Great presser. Kind of a blow to hear that AM's slow motion vision is sputtering at times...Scotty will get it fixed though.

giphy.gif

AMs' slow motion vison is only absent on the plays he is not familiar/comfortable with. SF said he is tentative on some plays. Rome was not built in a day. But other than that, Scott said that AM has been TREMENDOUS!`

Sounds like none of the QBs are blinking any faster than the others. But that's understandable. Although Bunch has practiced at the FBS level for 2 years, and played for a year as a starter at the JUCO level...and although Gebbia has practiced at the FBS level for 1 year, neither of them were asked to be fast blinkers in a hurry up offense. In their former offenses, they could huddle up and envision the play as they went to the LOS. They had more time to blink.

All 3 of QBs began learning how to become fast blinkers in an Oregon-style up-tempo offense at the time. They also began learning SF's playbook at the same time...and none of our QBs have starting experience.

None of our QBs have a significant advantage over the others. That is why I think talent will win out. AM is the best athlete we have at QB, and MV said that is the first thing he looks for when recruiting QBs. Seems to me if TG and AB can't blink any faster than AM, then AM will be the guy.

SF also said he needs as many Home Run hitters in his backfield as he can muster. When it comes to QBs, we only have one potential home run hitter competing for the position. TG and AB can surely run for first downs on occasion, but AM can TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE!

TG says our QB only needs to be a point guard that can efficiently distribute the ball to the play makers. That's true, but if you have a point guard who can also drive the ball to the basket and dunk it (AM), that's even better!

:Koolaid2:

Last edited:
Let's hope our QB's aren't doing any of THIS (slow motion vision):

As we all know, it takes time for most HS players to adjust to the speed of the FBS-level game. We hear players say it all the time…"the (FBS) game has slowed down for me!"

To me, calling it the development of "slow motion vison" seems like a fairly good way to describe it.

Sounds like Maurice Washington is having no trouble adjusting to the speed of the FBS-level game . It looks as though we now have at least 2 true freshman who are world class athletes.

Last edited:

At UCF, McKenzie Milton struggled his first year in SF's offense (I recall hearing the defense pretty much carried the team). His second year he was a Heisman candidate.

We need to be patient with ALL the QB's this first year.

Welocome back, Paramus!

Thank you! It is nice to be back. I hope this post finds you well!

Troy Walters thinks our offense could be one of the best in the Big 10 this year. I agree, and I agree with you when you say we will be passing the ball a lot this season.

With the talented QBs we have and all the fine receivers and RB talent, I think NU could attain a 65% completion percentage in 2018.

The Oregon offense seems to consistently yield a higher completion percentage and a higher yards per pass attempt than almost any other offense...especially when being directed by SF. That will also help us get to 65%.

It will be fun to watch it unfold.

No fear of failure. But there is another kind of annoying fear called fear of success or fear of winning. The upper classmen on our team are accustomed to mediocrity. It has become their comfort zone. They are comfortable with moderate expectations. More success will mean higher expectations for our players (more pressure) and players like ours that have been throttled so often, may not feel they deserve to beat the Big Boys.

SF is certainly a guy who is not afraid to win. I hope he and his staff can teach this team how to finish with bravado and confidence as we take our leads over Michigan and Wisconsin deep into the 4th quarter.

Last edited:

At UCF, McKenzie Milton struggled his first year in SF's offense (I recall hearing the defense pretty much carried the team). His second year he was a Heisman candidate.

We need to be patient with ALL the QB's this first year.

McKenzie Milton was not an early enrollee at UCF. Plus Milton was a horrid passer in 2016, and UCF fans were desperately hoping that SF would recruit a better QB for 2017.

We have 3 QBs that are far more talented than Milton was in 2016 and they have been training for this moment much longer than Milton in 2016

I think the situation is much, much different.

Last edited:
I will be in Lincoln for the Colorado game, looking at our starting qb. Just win Huskers.

What I took from this interview is we are not ready and may not be the type of team we all want them to be for the first couple games. Especially at QB. I know it's early!

Coach Frost quotes:
"Being tough is a mentality. I got the impression from watching from afar that last year when things got though the team kind of shut it down and quit and they tell me the same thing. I don't want guys that will quit. I want guys that when things get hard they're going to push through and be even better in those situations. Again, that goes back to mentality. I think physically we are getting to a good place. We're strong enough to be physical. The rest of it has to come mentally."

One of those he said that has shown this is Stanley Morgan, Luke Gifford and Mo Barry, Will Honas and Riddick Young. I look for these guys to be starters and/or key contributors!

More:
"But I want a whole team of them, that when we're when they're tired they're going to play even harder, that when we're behind we're going to play even harder. That, in the 4th quarter we're going to play even harder. We got a ways to go to get to that mentality".

I am really glad that Scott Frost is our HC! With this type of coaching and our improvements in strength we will be a much improved team from the last years, especially as we get to the middle/end of the season.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back