• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Woooooooooo !!!!!

Very cool. Over thirty years ago I saw Ric Flair and Lex Luger in the Jacksonville, FL airport. I was a young Lance Corporal reporting to my first duty station onboard the USS Saratoga. I was wearing my Alpha uniform waiting for my ride when they both walked in to the lobby area. I was a wrestling fan so I knew who they were. Ric Flair looked over at my direction and started walking right towards me. I was starstruck...lol. While my brain was scrambling to comprehend why he was coming towards me he walked right by me and stopped at a pay phone that I was standing in front of. He called someone to ask where their ride was. The whole time he was on the phone I'm standing about 5 feet away and my lower jaw must have been laying on the ground. I remember him being shorter than I but his shoulders were as wide as a school bus. One superficial regret I have to this day is that I couldn't compose myself enough to at least say something...lol.

Cool...I didn't know he liked the Huskers. I ran into him about 30 years ago in a Vegas strip joint and was shocked at how short he was...built well, but much smaller than I would've thought he was.
LOL They lie more about height and weight than the NFL. When stationed at Ft Gordon for a school. The entire Marine detachment went to one in Augusta. I found that most of them were about the same size as some of the Marines. Cowboy Bob orton was maybe 5'11" and Maybe 200 lbs. There was one Marine there that was a real Gym rat. (Fellow Husker BTW) A teenager in front of us yelled something at CBO that made him stop and turn around. This Marine Stood up as if saying "What?" Orton looked up at him turned around and went on to the ring. it was pretty funny.

Google the picture of The Rock standing next to Shaq and Charles Barkley sometime. The difference in size is surprising.
I just did and it is. Funny thing about that is that Barkley was known for being a fairly short forward. (6'6" it is all relative) In that series of Pics There is a wider angle that includes Mark wahlberg. that makes it even more stark. as you can tell that barkley in the other pic was clearly leaning over a bit. Making you see that he comes up to Barkley's neck. That means at best he is 6' probably not that big.

Side note. nothing to do with heights in Wrestling. Ole Marky Mark is REEEEAALLLY short

Well Dwayne Johnson is 6’4” and 260, that makes Shaq just an incredibly large human being!! Lol and Barkley is good sized too. The Rock was a linebacker at Miami correct?

Well Dwayne Johnson is 6’4” and 260, that makes Shaq just an incredibly large human being!! Lol and Barkley is good sized too. The Rock was a linebacker at Miami correct?
He was a DL. Was the back up to Sapp. DL can be 6' especially back then. Look at the picture and you will see he is way more than 2" shorter than Sir Charles.
ByBxAMeIYAA7L_0.jpg

I spent about 30 minutes talking with Andre the Giant,the Undertaker, and others of that group in the lobby of a San Francisco hotel about 15 or 20 years ago. I came away with these impressions. All of those guys were buddies and they all hung out together after matches and as they traveled from place to place, accompanied by a large but not overwhelming number of managers, girl friends, wives, etc. They weren't drinking alcohol, although it was about 1 in the afternoon. They all could have a normal conversation like anyone else. Andre the Giant had an enormous head, clearly some kind of a malformation from birth (he was seated so I didn't get a judgement on his height) The Undertaker seemed bigger than most of the others, and carried himself fairly seriously - he didn't seem to be joining in the messing around that the others were engaged in, although that just have been a momentary thing.

All in all, the performers seemed unusual but not freakish (except for Andres big head) and the mangers (or whatever they were) all seemed a bit greasy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back