• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 3-Star Rashee Rice WR From Texas

His hudl says 4.41 40, but his spring track numbers aren't very impressive. Never know the circumstances for certain times. I'll assume he's pretty fast if Frost and Walters are going after him for our offense.
Agree...in track I've coached some guys who are blazing fast on the football field. However, when they step on the track, some of them just don't like racing or really aren't interested/focused on it. Track times don't always line up...and that's okay.

Agree...in track I've coached some guys who are blazing fast on the football field. However, when they step on the track, some of them just don't like racing or really aren't interested/focused on it. Track times don't always line up...and that's okay.
In track, some people never understand the blocks. :) And running leaning over and slowly coming to stand straight up is not easy to perfect.

Also elbowing them in the throat. Not that something like that would ever happen, especially if one was pushed onto the brass curb on Bellevue West's old track. Just sayin'.
Fair point...so we circle back to, if Frost and Walters like his speed on the football field, then the young man must be a good fit for what they are looking for.

I personally know a current B1G WR who ran a legit 4.4 40 (was actually electronically timed at 4.35 at a B12 camp), but was only about 11.3 in the 100m. In track, the kid would jump out to the lead in every 100, but the fast 100 kids would eventually reel him in and pass him. He never ran indoor track, but that is where he could have really excelled in the 55 or 60.

To sum it up, I would say the kid I know is blazing fast for football, just not track fast. There is a difference for some.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back