• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OT 3-Star Willie Canty is N Update: Did Not Qualify Headed To Garden City CC

Maybe after a year or two there, he will be ready and able and seasoned. Then come here and compete

after all the sunshine we've pumped on Duvall's strength progam, we have to see it as a big loss that Canty won't be a part of it for his first couple years of college as a matter of logical consistency

after all the sunshine we've pumped on Duvall's strength progam, we have to see it as a big loss that Canty won't be a part of it for his first couple years of college as a matter of logical consistency

I agree with this. IF Duvall's program is as impressive as we expect, Canty will be hard pressed to make it here. Those he will be competing against will have 3 years of S&C here. But the best of luck to the young man. I hope to see him here one day.

Maybe after a year or two there, he will be ready and able and seasoned. Then come here and compete

If he is down there like he is for academics he has to complete a two year AA degree. Yes he could accelerate to 18 months as many have.

Mote than not most kids who go the JUCO route end up at another four year school once they are eligible to transfer

Last edited:

So what your saying is we should pass on all JUCO transfers because they have missed out on the first two years of S&C with Duvall correct?

Which if that is what you are saying makes no sense what so ever.

Then what were you saying?

well I'll resist the temptation to just (crtl-c) - (ctrl-v) my previous post even though it is precisely "What [I was] saying" and attempt to say the same thing with different words - because you asked

That - if the board's general sentiments about Duvall's program are true - not having him at NU to start his career is a much worse scenario for us than the alternative, and far from an "ho-hum ok see you in 2020"

We will probably have to dip into the JUCO route for the OL for a period of years anyway, at least until the overall "health" of the organization increases. That is how I would look at it.

well I'll resist the temptation to just (crtl-c) - (ctrl-v) my previous post even though it is precisely "What [I was] saying" and attempt to say the same thing with different words - because you asked

That - if the board's general sentiments about Duvall's program are true - not having him at NU to start his career is a much worse scenario for us than the alternative, and far from an "ho-hum ok see you in 2020"

Okay that is what I thought you said and for the record I disagree again.

Doubt we see him in 2020 anyway. Rare for a kid who goes JUCO to end up at the 4 year school he committed to originally

If Duval is as good as advertised he should be able to take a JUCO kid in mold him quickly especially if you can get him as a mid- year signee

Okay that is what I thought you said and for the record I disagree again.

Doubt we see him in 2020 anyway. Rare for a kid who goes JUCO to end up at the 4 year school he committed to originally

If Duval is as good as advertised he should be able to take a JUCO kid in mold him quickly especially if you can get him as a mid- year signee

agreed that we'll probably not see him in a Husker uniform

agree to disagree that 2-yr Juco + 2-3 yr DI is anywhere close to being as likely to produce a stud if you believe that your DI strength program, (not to mention program culture) is among the best in the nation

agreed that we'll probably not see him in a Husker uniform

agree to disagree that 2-yr Juco + 2-3 yr DI is anywhere close to being as likely to produce a stud if you believe that your DI strength program, (not to mention program culture) is among the best in the nation

Lavonte David and I disagree

Its all good

Last edited:

Lavonte David and I disagree

Its all good
right - you seem to want credit a sentence like "studs (like LaVonte) don't come from JUCO" to me, but I never said that and it is a non-sequitur from anything that i've written in this thread

its all good

This day and age you are going to have washouts for one reason or another. Nobody's fault, it just IS. Oversign by 3 and take JUCO's where you can and boost (scholarship) your walkons when they earn it. The staff is quickly flipping this roster, blowing me away at the clip they are doing it too. They are as aggressive in changing the culture back to what we know as they are changing the scheme from Nice guy Riley to freaking fast Frost!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back