• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How many wins would meet your expectations

What is the minimum number of wins that would make you feel they met expectations this year?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
I know this might be redundant so if you are offended just move along. Other polls have been based on what people think they will win or want Nebraska to win. But what number would of wins would make you feel they meet your expectations?

I can't really put a number on it. I'll take < .500 if the play is spirited and no one cashes in if/when the going gets tough. That said, I'd be sorely disappointed in another 4-8 campaign.
That is fair and I thought of that when putting the poll together. There just wasn't a way to factor that in. I also agree that I can stand more losses if we look competitive. However at the end of the year......Wins and Losses are the final grade so I stuck with that out of simplicity.

Its so easy to jump on the hype train, but 6 - 7 wins would be more than acceptable for the first year. Any more than that number would be very exciting. I think there is a potential to reach 9 wins, but that would include a lot of luck and some other teams just shooting themselves in the foot. Our schedule this year is just brutal.

All the wins will probably meet my expectations...now lets talk loses.

(This is based on the thread title, not the stupid reworded question...which is now no fun)

All the wins will probably meet my expectations...now lets talk loses.

(This is based on the thread title, not the stupid reworded question...which is now no fun)
Actually the thread title was what got reworded.

7 wins would meet my expectations... but I sure hope to see this year's Cornhuskers exceed those expectations!! :Biggrin:

:Gobigred:

Last edited:

Akron -- I expect a win
Colorado -- I expect a win
Troy -- I expect a win
Michigan -- I expect a loss but desire a win
Purdue -- I expect a win
Wisconsin -- I expect a loss
Northwestern -- I expect a loss but desire a win
Minnesota -- I expect a win
Ohio St. -- I expect a loss
Illinois -- I expect a win
Michigan St. -- I expect a win but could be disappointed
Iowa -- I expect a win but could be disappointed

So I guess that puts me at 8 wins. Will be disappointed if we do lose to MI, NW, MSU, or IA...if we don't play a hard fought fight. But a 8 win season I will be good, 6 wins I will be disappointed, less than that I will be not happy with the season.

GET TICKETS

Back