• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia locked in?

ksuhusker

In a tree somewhere
10 Year Member
After reading the article in the front page...dude sounds locked in. Sorry Paramus, I know you're all about AM, but this dude speaks like a true lrader. Hopefully we've got a few great leaders that we don't know about yet. My only concern is he's still listed at 185#. Maybe @*** will know if he's gained more weight. I'd think by now he'd be up to 200-210. If he's serious about being a contender then he'd better get there. I know it's just another QB thread, but I like Geb's and hope that his team only attitude pays dividends for us in the future.

After reading the article in the front page...dude sounds locked in. Sorry Paramus, I know you're all about AM, but this dude speaks like a true lrader. Hopefully we've got a few great leaders that we don't know about yet. My only concern is he's still listed at 185#. Maybe @*** will know if he's gained more weight. I'd think by now he'd be up to 200-210. If he's serious about being a contender then he'd better get there. I know it's just another QB thread, but I like Geb's and hope that his team only attitude pays dividends for us in the future.

I am impressed with all of our QBs. But you need to keep in mind one very important thing. Mario Verduzco said that the true measure of QB leadership is performance on the field.

Adam Carriker predicts that AM will be our starter on 1 September. Please don't forget to tell him your sorry.

Last edited:
I am impressed with all of our QBs. But you need to keep in mind one very important thing. Mario Verduzco said that the true measure of QB leadership is performance on the field.
I've got that in mind...spring says nothing for most. That being said we've both seen any performance on the field yet. So what do we do play a QB for one half then another for the other half? Let results sort it out?

I've got that in mind...spring says nothing for most. That being said we've both seen any performance on the field yet. So what do we do play a QB for one half then another for the other half? Let results sort it out?
Very true - it’s unlikely we will get through the season with just one qb - I predict both will play and hopefully do a decent job.

Verduzco and Frost will have to sort it out. They know how to evaluate QBs. None of our QBs have had a chance to prove themselves in an actual game. SF will have to roll the dice with one of them to begin with. If it doesn't work out, he can go with option #2.

It certainly looks like we have 3 good options. We are fortunate.

Last edited:
Verduzco and Frost will have to sort it out. They know how to evaluate QBs. None of our QBs have had a chance to prove themselves in an actual game. SF will have to roll the dice with one of them to begin with. If it doesn't work out, he'll go with option #2.

It certainly looks like we have 3 good options. We are fortunate.
Agree, can't count Bunch out either. One will certainly start to separate themselves before Sept 1. I love AM's ability to run, Geb's ability to throw, and Bunch fits in for sure. What gets me about Geb's is his commitment to DONU. He's highly determined to be the guy and I love that about him. In the end it may be AM or AB or TG, but you gotta live the dudes attitude. He hasn't even hi Ted about transferring...yet and I hope he doesn't, mainly because he's knows he's got a chance to do something special which is why he came here in the first place.

Agree, can't count Bunch out either. One will certainly start to separate themselves before Sept 1. I love AM's ability to run, Geb's ability to throw, and Bunch fits in for sure. What gets me about Geb's is his commitment to DONU. He's highly determined to be the guy and I love that about him. In the end it may be AM or AB or TG, but you gotta live the dudes attitude. He hasn't even hi Ted about transferring...yet and I hope he doesn't, mainly because he's knows he's got a chance to do something special which is why he came here in the first place.

Yes, I have no choice but to love Gebbia's attitude. It is fantastic. He had no thoughts of transferring from NU when MR was replaced. He said he was going to stay and help his Husker brothers no matter what.

Gebbia may lead us to a NC one day. He is ready to give his all for DONU. Maybe he will be our HC one day. It appears that he has chosen to be a Husker in his heart...maybe for life. Yep, gotta love it.

It's too bad all of our QBs can't be the starter. All of them are capable. It is going to be a tough decision for SF and MV.

Last edited:

One can step in if the starter is having an off day which is very likely with no playing time in the lot of them.

Yes, I have no choice but to love Gebbia's attitude. It is fantastic. He had no thoughts of transferring from NU when MR was replaced. He said he was going to stay and help his Husker brothers no matter what.

Gebbia may lead us to a NC one day. He is ready to give his all for Nebraska. Maybe he will be our HC one day. It appears that he has chosen to be a Nebraskan in his heart...maybe for life. Yep, gotta love it.

It's too bad all of our QBs can't be the starter. All of them are capable. It is going to be a tough decision for SF and MV.

Tristan’s dad was a tight end at Ole Miss and now a very successful business man. His business, StockCross Financial Services, has 14 offices in the U.S., including one in Omaha. There’s no doubt that Tristan gets some of his leadership ability from his pops.

Last edited:
Gebbia stated that the most important thing is to play the QB that gives NU the best chance to win. He is all about team goals. Gotta love it.

Which QB will give us the best chance to win?

Adam Carriker and I both agree that it will likely be TG or AM. We both give the nod to AM because he is without question the superior runner. TG can study film for days but it won't enable him to duplicate the explosive first step of AM or duplicate AM's speed and elusiveness as a runner in the open field.

Carriker and I agree that TG's best chance to become the starter is to prove he is a better passer than AM. I think TG is an exceptional passer but I think AM is an exceptional passer as well. I don't see much separation there.

We will face some fierce dragons this year, and to slay them SF will use every playmaker he can muster. To me, AM looks like the best playmaker we have at QB. Dwayne Haskins of tOSU is going to make big plays. We will have to make big plays of our own.

TG and AB could prove to be better error-free game managers than AM. SF might want to go with that. But AM's escapability and running ability will definitely pose a big problem for the opposition and I can't see SF wanting to leave it on the sideline.

I recall how Taylor Martinez burst on the scene with his fantastic runs. He was getting Heisman hype after just a few games. I can see AM being similarly dangerous as a runner while also being a much better passer. AM isn't TM fast but he is awfully fast and more elusive. Can the Heisman hype come for AM as quickly as it for TM? I think it is possible. It has happened before and it can happen again. And if that happens, it will give us our best chance to win the West.

Yep, after just a few games TM became T-Magic and had his own song. To win the West we may need to see something similar... the instant emergence of A-Magic. And if that happens, TG will fully support it - "Whoever can put the most wins on the scoreboard, that's what's most important," said Gebbia.

When TM arrived on the scene, teams tried to contain him, but they couldn't. He was just too good. We saw the same thing with Wisconsin's Johnathan Taylor last season....a true freshman. Is AM one of those players who is just too good to contain? Hopefully, yes, Hypefully, I think so.

Lest we forget...great playmakers can suddenly materialize in scarlet and cream.

]

Last edited:

Gebbia stated that the most important thing is to play the QB that gives NU the best chance to win. He is all about team goals. Gotta love it.

Which QB will give us the best chance to win?

Adam Carriker and I both agree that it will likely be TG or AM. We both give the nod to AM because he is without question the superior runner. TG can study film for days but it won't enable him to duplicate the explosive first step of AM or duplicate AM's speed and elusiveness as a runner in the open field.

Carriker and I agree that TG's best chance to become the starter is to prove he is a better passer than AM. I think TG is an exceptional passer but I think AM is an exceptional passer as well. I don't see much separation there.

We will face some fierce dragons this year, and to slay them SF will use every playmaker he can muster. To me, AM looks like the best playmaker we have at QB. Dwayne Haskins of tOSU is going to make big plays. We will have to make big plays of our own.

TG and AB could prove to be better error-free game managers than AM. SF might want to go with that. But AM's escapability and running ability will definitely pose a big problem for the opposition and I can't see SF wanting to leave it on the sideline.

I recall how Taylor Martinez burst on the scene with his fantastic runs. He was getting Heisman hype after just a few games. I can see AM being similarly dangerous as a runner while also being a much better passer. AM isn't TM fast but he is awfully fast and more elusive. Can the Heisman hype come for AM as quickly as it for TM? I think it is possible. It has happened before and it can happen again. And if that happens, it will give us our best chance to win the West.

Yep, after just a few games TM became T-Magic and had his own song. To win the West we may need to see something similar... the instant emergence of A-Magic. And if that happens, TG will fully support it - "Whoever can put the most wins on the scoreboard, that's what's most important," said Gebbia.

When TM arrived on the scene, teams tried to contain him, but they couldn't. He was just too good. We saw the same thing with Wisconsin's Johnathan Taylor last season....a true freshman. Is AM one of those players who is just too good to contain? Hopefully, yes, Hypefully, I think so.

Lest we forget...great playmakers can suddenly materialize in scarlet and cream.

]

Maybe a better representation of your agreements should say that "You" agree with Adam Carrikar rather than "Adam Carrikar and I agree". If you agree with someone most realistic Americans believe that there was actually a conversation between the two of you leading to the so called agreement.

Would love to see him as starter

Maybe a better representation of your agreements should say that "You" agree with Adam Carrikar rather than "Adam Carrikar and I agree". If you agree with someone most realistic Americans believe that there was actually a conversation between the two of you leading to the so called agreement.
Maybe they had a conversation at fall camp

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back