• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Recruiting Class

Nebraska baseball player of the year is going to Kansas State... don't like that.

Dylan Phillips from Creighton Prep is a LHP/OF who hit .557 this year with 5 HRs. Could have used that bat in the OF this year i'm sure. He was 9-1 with a 1.98 ERA this year.

But these are the types of kids that will pop up for our 2019 class. Phillips was good as a sophomore and junior, but not as good as he showed this spring. Would take this kid over Gillin right now unfortunately. I wonder who will pop up like this in the 2019 class, we now have some money to use on them.

Cameron Chick apparently hit .470 with 10 HRs this spring in Missouri. That's pretty good stats i'd say. Some people think he could help right away too.

Is it possible for NU, or any college, to tell [as part of their scholarship contract] scholarship BB individuals that if they accept a scholarship they have to stay and play at NU for at least 2-3 years even if they are drafted? Seems like it would be a good way to protect our investment in the player...?

Last edited:
Is it possible for NU, or any college, to tell [as part of their scholarship contract] scholarship BB individuals that if they accept a scholarship they have to stay and play at NU for at least 2-3 years even if they are drafted? Seems like it would be a good way to protect our investment in the player...?

Not possible

Gomes Named Big Ten Freshman of the Week
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211793791
"Nebraska’s Colby Gomes earned Big Ten Freshman-of-the-Week honors on Monday after the Huskers split their two games at the Frisco Classic over the weekend.

Gomes, an Omaha, Neb., native from Millard West, started both games at first base. In Nebraska’s upset win over No. 3 Texas Tech, not only did Gomes deliver the go-ahead RBI in the seventh inning, but he also earned his first career save.

Gomes went 1-for-3 at the plate against the Red Raiders, recording his RBI single in the seventh inning to give NU a 2-1 lead. He took to the mound in the top of the ninth and struck out two batters in a no-hit scoreless frame. It marked Nebraska’s first win over a top-five opponent since 2014."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back