• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-line height/weight

DD-214 Alumni

Red Shirt
I feel that 6'4" 280 with speed and quickness would be a great size for offensive linemen. They could get under the pads of taller players and push them around to open running lanes. What do you folks think?
I was a member here about 10 years ago and I really enjoyed reading the comments from the board.

People tend to mirror their leadership, meaning that attitudes, willingness to work hard and do the right things the right way tend to prevail. 6-6 or 6-8 if they are taught the right way and execute those things to the very best of their abilities, I don't think it makes a lot of difference. If you have an athlete and someone with a lot of heart and desire, I think they can be successful. I think our walk on linemen of yesteryear kind of show that.

Last edited:

SF offense is based on endurance and speed with quick feet. so height and weight are a bonus.

Last edited:
6'2" - 6'4" 290-310 Are my general rule. However I also think that how the weight is distributed matters. See below. Not a lot of fat in that pic. Most the chests are bigger than waists. Awful lot of big muscular arms.
pipeline.jpg

Never been a fan of guys that look like this.
Hogs_football_0101_r600x400.jpg

6'2" - 6'4" 290-310 Are my general rule. However I also think that how the weight is distributed matters. See below. Not a lot of fat in that pic. Most the chests are bigger than waists. Awful lot of big muscular arms.
pipeline.jpg

Never been a fan of guys that look like this.
Hogs_football_0101_r600x400.jpg
I think he ate the Razorback mascot for his pregame meal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back