• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Having a Hard Time Recruiting Tackles?

How would our Frost Tackles be physically different than anybody elses Tackles? They still have to make holes for the RBs and a pocket for the QB no matter how much faster they must regroup for the next play. Maybe less fat and more lean. That's all I can think of.
Throw height being less important in there too.

Going back to 2014 here is what we have recruited at OT and their numbers as recruits

Nick Gates 6'5" 270
Christian Gaylord 6'6" 275
Matt Farniok 6'5" 297
Broc Bando 6'5" 280 was said to be an option but more likely to play inside
Chris Walker 6'6" 275 moved to DE
Brendan Jaimes 6'5" 250
Matt Sichterman 6'5" 266

Which one of these guys falls into the needs to be less fat and more lean category?

We have talent, we lacked coaching prowess and player development. The past staff really needed ready to go players, they needed starters from the get go. They were very poor developers of talent. I think you will see major strides in effort, ability and understanding of what is expected of them. And we will see it this year. Significant improvement, but maybe not the most significant in the win column. But I'm betting we don't get hammered 56-14 by OSU again. We were absolutely LUCKY to score in that game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back