• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska coach Scott Frost takes subtle shot at Nick Saban...

GoBlueDavid

Red Shirt
Nebraska coach Scott Frost takes subtle shot at Nick Saban while discussing Chip Kelly’s Oregon tenure

FrostKelly_jlmunf.png

“Not to take anything away from Nick Saban, but when you have the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year and you can put them through a process, you’ve got a great chance,”....

More at link:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...an-while-discussing-chip-kellys-oregon-tenure

Seems a little 'much ado about nothing' to me..... Alabama folk must be very sensitive:Happyrun:

Once again, Alabama is terrified of Scott Frost and Nebraska. They all know their days are numbered. You guys probably think I'm joking, but I'm not. The SEC was Nebraska's whipping boy before, and they will be again very soon.

Saban hated no-huddle offenses in 2012, but now is trying desperately to catch up to the type of offense that Scott Frost runs. The problem is that Frost is a master with this offense, while Saban's offensive staff has been comprised of posers. They now have Mike Locksley as their OC, a failed head coach who has recently been an OC at powerhouses Illinois and Maryland. What the hell does he know about a no-huddle spread? It's like Shawn Watson trying to run a shotgun spread offense with Zac Lee in 2009.

Saban will retire within the next 2 seasons so that he won't have to face Nebraska and Frost. I'm not sure that will be soon enough.

Last edited:
Once again, Alabama is terrified of Scott Frost and Nebraska. They all know their days are numbered. You guys probably think I'm joking, but I'm not. The SEC was Nebraska's whipping boy before, and they will be again very soon.
I hope so (not that you're joking, the other part)!

Saban hated no-huddle offenses in 2012, but now is trying desperately to catch up to the type of offense that Scott Frost runs. The problem is that Frost is a master with this offense, while Saban's offensive staff has been comprised of posers. They now have Mike Locksley as their OC, a failed head coach who has recently been an OC at powerhouses Illinois and Maryland. What the hell does he know about a no-huddle spread? It's like Shawn Watson trying to run a shotgun spread offense with Zac Lee in 2009.

Saban will retire within the next 2 seasons so that he won't have to face Nebraska and Frost. I'm not sure that will be soon enough.
I really hope you are 100% correct. I love Frost's confidence it's off the charts.

Some in the $EC might wish for the same. It has been a steady diet of Coach Satan, a rotation of 2nd fiddle and the rest in the 'also ran' category.

I don't think Frost was being disrespectful at all. He knows Saban is a great coach and he believes Kelly is too, and possibly even more so because he was innovative. Nothing to see here but some jealousy...it sucks to be watching Bama be great year after year.

What SF said isn’t a dig at all, and it’s 100% accurate. When Saban does not have talent that is head and shoulders above the competition, he is average. He was average at MSU and average in the NFL. Drop him into Iowa now and he’d be average again. He’s a great salesman who recruits to a school that has a great tradition and plays lose with the rules.

Last edited:
What SF said isn’t a dig at all, and it’s 100% accurate. When Saban does not have talent that is head and shoulders above the competition, he is average. He was average at MSU and average in the NFL. Drop him into Iowa now and he’d be average again. He’s a great salesman who recruits to a school that has a great tradition and plays lose with the rules.
Saban has never been remotely close to average he is without any doubt one of the greatest CFB coaches of all time...top 10 minimum.

:Facepalm:BABY STEPS

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back