• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Egg rolls

FLAinCALI

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
So....

Last week I made a big batch of egg rolls. I ran out of egg roll filling and still had wrappers left so I raided the fridge. Found some leftover cherry pie filling my wife had made a couple days before. Made up the rest of the wrappers with cherry pie filling.

They were awesome. Little personal fried pies. So we got a can of apple pie filling and that was good too!

Some friends of our tried them and now we getting request to bring them to a potluck next week.

I am experimenting with cinnamon sugar topping the next few days just to up my game.

And I have a freezer full of egg rolls...well not full but I am good for the month.

So....

Last week I made a big batch of egg rolls. I ran out of egg roll filling and still had wrappers left so I raided the fridge. Found some leftover cherry pie filling my wife had made a couple days before. Made up the rest of the wrappers with cherry pie filling.

They were awesome. Little personal fried pies. So we got a can of apple pie filling and that was good too!

Some friends of our tried them and now we getting request to bring them to a potluck next week.

I am experimenting with cinnamon sugar topping the next few days just to up my game.

And I have a freezer full of egg rolls...well not full but I am good for the month.
That sounds so good. Especially the cherry ones. I'd maybe try a mixed berry one, too.

strawberry rhubarb egg rolls
In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups rhubarb, 2 cups strawberries, 6 tablespoons flour, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
Cook over medium-low heat until rhubarb softens, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. You will need it cool enough to handle.
Using 1 package of eggroll wrappers, roll strawberry rhubarb filling according to package directions.

strawberry rhubarb egg rolls
In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups rhubarb, 2 cups strawberries, 6 tablespoons flour, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
Cook over medium-low heat until rhubarb softens, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. You will need it cool enough to handle.
Using 1 package of eggroll wrappers, roll strawberry rhubarb filling according to package directions.

That sounds delicious. I love rhubarb and rarely get to eat it, anymore. We do have a local cake and pie shop whom make a really good, rhubarb pie but that's really the only time I get to eat it, anymore. Used to pull it straight from the ground and eat it, as is, when I was a kid.

That sounds delicious. I love rhubarb and rarely get to eat it, anymore. We do have a local cake and pie shop whom make a really good, rhubarb pie but that's really the only time I get to eat it, anymore. Used to pull it straight from the ground and eat it, as is, when I was a kid.

i have a rhubarb plant and have it fresh from now thru most of the summer.

i have a rhubarb plant and have it fresh from now thru most of the summer.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a raised garden mainly for chilies/peppers and maybe some tomatoes. I wonder if rhubarb would thrive in one? I'll have to check it out.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a raised garden mainly for chilies/peppers and maybe some tomatoes. I wonder if rhubarb would thrive in one? I'll have to check it out.
i

i started my rhubarb in a raised bed planter and had it there for a couple of years. I moved and took the rhubarb plant with me and its been here 10 years with hardly any maintenance but lots of rhubarb every year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back