• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Saquon Barkley

joncarl

Nobody important
15 Year Member
Full disclosure here, I did not watch any NFL last year and probably won't this year, that being said when talking about college kids I am all up in it.

Giants picking at number two seems to be the unknown here, maybe some of you pro guys might have more info, but I would pick Saquon at number 2. While not a big fan of Eli (at this point in his career) I think giving him a back that can do everything plus what they have coming back might just be the ticket. Any pro guys have opinions on this? The following is from an SI article.

-- Penn State running back Saquon Barkley, the best back to come into the league in years. Think of Philly defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, even with Star Wars weaponry all over his depth chart, trying to defend Barkley, wideouts Odell Beckham Jr., and Sterling Shepard and rising-star tight end Even Engram, with a solid left tackle (Nate Solder) suddenly making Manning less vulnerable to a great pass-rush. Beckham is 25, Shepard 24, Engram 23, Barkley 21. That is pretty tempting.

Cleveland 2018 draft screwed up again. Ala Johnny Football.

Browns likely could have selected Barkley first but no, still gotten Mayfield in the 4th pick or else Allen, Rosen and even Jackson.

Last edited:
Like with all levels of football, if your OL is below average, your offensive stars can't shine as brightly.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back