• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2019 QB Offer - Max Duggan (4-star from Council Bluffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is indirectly related but I am a big fan of Gary Patterson. What he's done at TCU is incredibly impressive IMO. When the offense went stagnant a few years ago, he found a way to reinvent themselves by bringing in Sonny Cumbie

Earlier in this thread I was told that Duggan was going to his favorite team, Notre Dame, because they'd offered him. At that point, I thought we still had a chance, with this local kid, because he hadn't signed yet. Why are we expected to lose a local kid to TCU in light of the Frost hiring and fantastic new expectations?

Last edited:
Earlier in this thread I was told that Duggan was going to his favorite team, Notre Dame, because they'd offered him. At that point, I thought we still had a chance, with this local kid, because he hadn't signed yet. Why are we expected to lose a local kid to TCU in light of the Frost hiring and fantastic new expectations?

The chicks man, the chicks.

While not expected.......but don't be surprised.....perhaps because he is also choosing a school (not just football), where he will spend the next 5 years of his life.

If he chooses TCU , that not a knock on Nebraska, as they offer quite a different college experience on several levels. Btw TCU is academically ranked higher than UNL

Fans should only be a "bit bothered" if he were to choose another state university in the Midwest (like Minn.)

Unsure if Notre Dame is still in the picture, but tuition plus R&B runs 58k/year, so close to $300 k in total. From a purely financial standpoint to value of the scholarship would be more than double compared to UNL.

While not expected.......but don't be surprised.....perhaps because he is also choosing a school (not just football), where he will spend the next 5 years of his life.

If he chooses TCU , that not a knock on Nebraska, as they offer quite a different college experience on several levels. Btw TCU is academically ranked higher than UNL

Fans should only be a "bit bothered" if he were to choose another state university in the Midwest (like Minn.)

Unsure if Notre Dame is still in the picture, but tuition plus R&B runs 58k/year, so close to $300 k in total. From a purely financial standpoint to value of the scholarship would be more than double compared to UNL.

Only because they charge more in tuition. Not sure that makes the scholarship more valuable as out of pocket expense equivalent and will cost family more in the next 4 years to visit and travel to South Bend.

He might think his degree is worth more from ND but that is perception too. Would depend on a lot of things. Personally, I won't even be a "bit bothered" if he choses a state school in the MW.

Btw TCU is academically ranked higher than UNL

If you're talking rankings like the one from US News & World Report, they're meaningless.

For research universities, the most important measure is probably research expenditures. Nebraska: 80. TCU: 372.
https://ncsesdata.nsf.gov/profiles/site?method=rankingBySource&ds=herd

For metric based rather than reputation based rankings, the ARWU (world) ranking is one of the better ones. Nebraska: 151-200. TCU: >800 (i.e., so low they don't show up in the ranking).
http://www.shanghairanking.com

Last edited:
With POB transferring it could be even tougher bringing in a new QB. Our starter could very well be a redshirt freshman.... The big question becomes, how confident are you in winning the job?

Duggan's dad left coaching multiple time state champion St. Alberts in C.B. to coach HS football in Texas for a few years before he came back and took the L.C. job in C.B.. Likely the connection to TCU.

We were a long shot from the get-go as the Duggan's have never been fans of NU football. Langsdorf was the only chance we had at him.

From what I've read, Max wants a chance to start right away or at least in the 1st couple years.

In my glass half full mentality, If Max goes to MN or TCU, it would be a signal of just how good our current QB's really are.

With POB transferring it could be even tougher bringing in a new QB. Our starter could very well be a redshirt freshman.... The big question becomes, how confident are you in winning the job?

I understand the logic, but top teams bring in class QBs every year. Here are Ohio State's QB signees working backwards:

2018-4*
2017-4*
2016-4*
2015-4* NU legacy

I'm guessing Tate Martell didn't walk in thinking "I'll wait my turn". I get the allure of a depth chart lacking talent and/or experience, but I'm confident Frost will get a quality QB every year he wants one.

I understand the logic, but top teams bring in class QBs every year. Here are Ohio State's QB signees working backwards:

2018-4*
2017-4*
2016-4*
2015-4* NU legacy

I'm guessing Tate Martell didn't walk in thinking "I'll wait my turn". I get the allure of a depth chart lacking talent and/or experience, but I'm confident Frost will get a quality QB every year he wants one.

Take a look at Clemson and Washington the past couple classes. Ridiculous.

Take a look at Clemson and Washington the past couple classes. Ridiculous.

Yep. If the early enrollee, Trevor Lawrence ascends to at least second on the depth chart behind Kelly Bryant at Clemson, there may be a five star QB from the Big Ten region on the market. One with three years of eligibility remaining, in Hunter Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back