• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 RPI Tracking

Did this last year and it was cool to see what helped and what didn't. It's still very early and there will be a ton of jumping around. There's sub .500 teams in the top 50.

We are sitting 87th right now and today we play #11 Creighton. A huge opportunity for us, but we will be going "pitcher by committee".

Loss to 11th ranked Crayton dropped us to 89 in RPI from 87. Crayton fell from 11th to 12th overnight, not sure who leaped them.

Next up for the weekend series, Ohio State who is currently sitting 52nd in RPI.

Best lineup i've seen us come with so far this year. Alvarado can't walk people and Altavilla needs to get it going.

Ohio State 49th in RPI
Nebraska 94th in RPI to start the series

Game 1 - W (7-3) with +13 RPI to 74. Ohio State falls to 61st with the loss
Game 2 - L (4-7) with +4 RPI to 70. Ohio State moves up to 60th with the win.

Last edited:
After going 1-2 in the weekend series with Ohio State, Nebraska moves up to 74th in the RPI which is +13 spots while Ohio State sits 56th. RPI a little bit of fools gold right now in my opinion but oh well.

Next up, 221st ranked UNOmaha on Tuesday. Can't drop that one.

After going 1-2 in the weekend series with Ohio State, Nebraska moves up to 74th in the RPI which is +13 spots while Ohio State sits 56th. RPI a little bit of fools gold right now in my opinion but oh well.

Playing Division 1 baseball at Seymour Smith. CANNOT lose to UNO.

Cant drop any of the next 4, even 242 MSU

Cant drop any of the next 4, even 242 MSU
I have a feeling even wins against those teams would drop us so you’re right. It’s just so tough to sweep teams on the road. Then multiply the difficulty with our bullpen injuries.

We will see what happens I suppose.

Nebraska currently at 67th in RPI playing 242nd Michigan State. Gotta win this series, absolutely can not go 1-2. Get a series win on the road and move on. Even going 2-1 will drop us in the RPI but the goal is always to win series and move on. This is a good chance to get some games back tho.

EDIT: Nebraska fell to 90th in RPI with the first game loss to Sparty

Last edited:
we've gone 1-4 since the thread was started and a loss tomorrow drops us out of the top 100.

right now we're in a dogfight for dead last in big ten standings.

Can't believe how highly rated Wichita State, Creighton, Ohio State, and Minnesota are. We have 9 losses to teams ranked in the top 58 right now. I think those will come back to reality soon, personally.
so you're saying those stats will improve because we'll have lost to teams outside the top 150 instead of in it? always a way to find a silver lining I guess...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back