• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If Frost is eyeing transfer QB market, watch Buckeyes' situation closely

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Speculation for a while that this move could perhaps happen....

So, let's cut to the chase, so to speak. Joe Burrow is on pace to graduate in May. If it came down to him knowing he's not going to be Ohio State's quarterback in 2018, he could transfer somewhere else and be eligible immediately with two years to play. He would fit well in many spread systems.

The situation obviously is a hot topic in Buckeye land. Haskins captured the imagination of fans last season against Michigan, when he relieved injured J.T. Barrett and completed 6 of 7 passes for 94 yards in a 31-20 win. But he was No. 2 in part because Burrow broke his throwing hand last August.

In 10 career appearances as a Buckeye, Burrow is 29-for-39 passing (74.4 percent) for 287 yards and two touchdowns, with zero interceptions. He's rushed 15 times for 53 yards and another score.

Ohio State's spring game is set for April 14, a week before Nebraska's. Even if Frost were uninterested in the grad transfer market at quarterback — we'll ask him about it this week when his team resumes spring drills — the Buckeyes' situation at the position has relevance. After all, the Huskers face a Nov. 3 test in the Horseshoe.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Burrow transferred to NU for his senior year given the new coaching staff.

Wow, amazing if Frost could lure Burrow away from the Buckeyes just like that. I guess we are getting way ahead of ourselves here. At what point would we have too many 4 star scholarship QBs in the room? 74% completion percentage, awesome!

Wouldn't Meyer have a say so regarding his release? I could see this gett'n messy if he knew he was coming here.

I believe as a Grad Transfer he can go where ever he wants. I need to check that because I am not 100% sure.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back