• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #33, 1st Round NIT, Wed, 3-14, @ Mississippi State (#4 Seed), 8:00 pm CST, ESPN2

Here's a reminder that the 2018 NIT will feature four rules modifications:

• The three-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet 1.75 inches).
• The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
• The games will be divided into four 10-minute quarters as opposed to two 20-minute halves. Teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fifth foul of each quarter.
• The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.

More at the NCAA Link.

“We had really intense discussions on Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday morning about the teams that really were the last four in,” Rasmussen said on 1620 the Zone. “In fact, it went a little higher than that to teams like Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, [St. Bonaventure], Arizona State, Syracuse, and then Middle Tennessee and Nebraska were in that discussion. Frankly, Nebraska was one of the last teams that we eliminated.”

Mississippi State favored by 4.
I'd prefer it was a little closer, Nebraska can beat the spread and lose with 4 points. ;(

If ever there were a time to try to beat the obscenity filter, this is it. Instead, I'll hope that Nebraska pounds the ever-loving mohair-forking shirt-balls out of whatever you-know-they-are-cheating school that gets put in front of them.

Bull Spit... I think Bruce is just trying to put on a face for his Jayskers.... Nebraska was nowhere near the tournament field. Every pundit who people actually pay attention to made it very clear that they were not close... and the committee clearly agreed.

I do think the CBS having a contract with the A10 conference (CBS Sports shows their games) was one of the possible reasons St Bonnie got in. Their resume was not impressive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back