• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Barry likes new culture

solesrfr

Pura Vida!
10 Year Member
https://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt...ys-Nebraskas-new-staff-is-different-116131379

"I didn't wrap. I led with my head. He got under my pads," he said. "It wasn't like he tricked me. He just bounced right off me like a bowling ball."

That running back ran 30 yards. Purdue scored a touchdown soon after. The play got in Barry's head more than it should have. He felt he played with fear after that.

"I let that confidence go with that tackle, you know what I mean," he told Nebraska247 during a conversation Friday afternoon. "There are going to be plays, stuff like that, that's going to happen. But you can't let it make you fall, because then what happened after that is I missed another tackle, then I missed another tackle. And that's what can't happen."

C

Young man is starting to get it. I'm happy for all those players who were stuck in mediocrity the past three years. They have a year to get a taste of what it takes to be part of a winning culture.

Ok, I'll be Debbie Downer here. But this is the type of talk we hear from a couple players every year and it means nothing. Remember Lamar talking about learning life lessons before last season and how it would motivate him?

Mo's getting his headlines, though.
This means everything to the kids. I like to hear it because it shows the kids are learning & growing. If I didn't hear it I would really be concerned.

So Debbie Downer, take Danny, Dougie, Denise & the rest of the Downer family & go watch traffic somewhere.

Mo was one guy I was really excited about when he first came to campus. Hasn’t yet shown much, but he certainly looks the part. Hope this can be his coming out season.

Last edited:
Mo was one guy I was really excited about when he first came to campus. Hasn’t yet shown much, but he certainly looks the part. Hope this can be his coming out season.

He did decently well last season with 38 total tackles. He was on special teams the year prior. Hasn't shown much yet but I think he has the skills to break out like we all hope.

Ok, I'll be Debbie Downer here. But this is the type of talk we hear from a couple players every year and it means nothing. Remember Lamar talking about learning life lessons before last season and how it would motivate him?

Yep we also heard it prior to the 2008 season from a gentleman named Suh. right before he had 2 of the most dominating seasons any D lineman has ever had at NE. Sometimes a change in leadership can mean a night and day difference for a couple special players.

This same article has been written every offseason. Sometimes JD Spielman is coming along, and sometimes JoJo Domann "gets it". It's offseason in Nebraska.

You don't understand the difference between what was said prior years versus this year? That's OK, it will be obvious this fall.

What do you want? I guess that is my question. These guys get asked questions so they answer them. I doubt very much that Mo Barry was seeking out some reporter to tell him that this Nebraska staff is different this year.

I know you here it every year, but why should you expect them to say anything else?

I am sure Mo Barry is sincere in what he is saying, just as Lamar Jackson was, it doesn't mean the results will be different. Though we can hope they will be.

Last edited:
I'm excited about the new culture as well, but hope it translates to the field sooner than later.

Those who're mentioning the fact that something like this comes up every year are right, but my gut tells me this is the first real movement in the right direction since Callahan got the ax.

If i am not mistaken the majority of us (myself included) thought everyone was overlooking us and we had so much talent and the MR system would certainly kick in. The OL was supposed to be far superior to the previous year, we had a QB that had a rifle for an arm and touch to go with it. A new defensive coach that brought fire and excitement and a system that almost won a NC. LB, DB, DL and some of the best WR in the country. What could go wrong?

Culture!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back