• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 NIT...

Because NU is too good for the NIT.

Seriously, I have not heard that. Though part of me wants to hear it because I think that would be all the ammo needed to get Miles out if they wanted.

I don't know if this is true or not, but maybe the team voted not to go to the NIT. It may not have been Miles' decision.

Can’t really fault him if he did. No one cares about the NIT and it sets the tone this is not where we want to be.

If the team isn’t into it, a loss to a lower team doesn’t do anyone any good.

No indication of that...

I'll be honest, even if we win the NIT, it will be bittersweet for me. I strongly feel that even with our B!g tourney misstep, we deserved to get an invite to Dance.

Can’t really fault him if he did. No one cares about the NIT and it sets the tone this is not where we want to be.

If the team isn’t into it, a loss to a lower team doesn’t do anyone any good.

If the team isn't into it, Miles is failing. If Miles isn't into it, Miles is failing.

This isn't like Duke or Kansas being relegated to the NIT. It's Nebraska. Everything about this season was an improvement over the past few years. You celebrate that fact, and you take the extra game(s) in the NIT to build on next season. Go kick some tail instead of curling up in a ball and crying.

Again, I hope and have to think this is false. Because if it isn't heads need to roll. If this team is throwing in the towel -- get them the hell out of Lincoln. Pathetic.

It HAS to be fake news.

Last edited:
Turning down the NIT would be a huge mistake. I'm sure Miles and the team are let down by being left out, but it's pretty obvious the team wasn't even close for an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. The NIT provides at least one more home game, and extra practice. It would damage the NU brand more to turn an invitation down.

Ha, good one! That'd be most out of character. In the DONU basketball trophy case Miles has a spot for the NIT participation trophy alongside all those quadrant 1 moral victories he earned this year.

Is it Miles' call to reject the bid? Or is it an athletic dept. call?

I cannot imagine any athletic department overruling the head coach.

Now, I suppose the athletic department would make it official, but the team and coach would need to be the ones to make the call.

Regardless, I'd still be shocked if this scenario happens.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back