• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bracketologist Erik Haslam: Nebraska is in

Heck, somebody will be right. And somebody will be wrong.

You can apply all sorts of metrics and some will be in NU's favor. And some won't.

The impossible metric is predicting what the committee will do with the bubble teams. What metrics they will weigh more heavily than others. It's a total guess on everyone's part at this point. If there was a set formula, we wouldn't need a committee.

Whether Nebraska has a 10% chance of making the dance or an 80% chance ... or somewhere in-between ... well, that's a guess too.

Here's my prediction: I don't know.

I do know there's no degree in bracketology. :Biggrin:

And hey, I have a degree in meteorology. And I'm still wrong with the weather!

Last edited:

Heck, somebody will be right. And somebody will be wrong.

You can apply all sorts of metrics and some will be in NU's favor. And some won't.

The impossible metric is predicting what the committee will do with the bubble teams. What metrics they will weigh more heavily than others. It's a total guess on everyone's part at this point. If there was a set formula, we wouldn't need a committee.

Whether Nebraska has a 10% chance of making the dance or an 80% chance ... or somewhere in-between ... well, that's a guess too.

Here's my prediction: I don't know.

I do know there's no degree in bracketology. :Biggrin:
Its a sad day when a weatherman refuses to even give a percentage chance.:(

I don't believe the Huskers will be in. I'd give them a 0% chance. The committee has probably forgotten the Big 10 played basketball this year by now.
It was very short sighted for Delaney to be so desperate to play in NYC that he played on mid major weekend. Then again...the big 10 was kind of a mid major this year....i kid I kid! :Biggrin:

The week amd a half layoff won't do Michigan any good.

Last edited:

It was very short sighted for Delaney to be so desperate to play in NYC that he played on mid major weekend. Then again...the big 10 was kind of a mid major this year....i kid I kid! :Biggrin:

The week amd a half layoff won't do Michigan any good.

It was an incredible stupid decision that won’t happen again.

As far as the mid-major comment, I get it, it’s the Creighton fan talking point. It couldn’t be easy for the 5% of the Creighton fan base who understands the game of basketball to watch sh**y Missouri Valley basketball for all of those decades. So now that they are in the new watered-down version of the Big East, they like taking the shot when the Big 10 has a bad year. I kid, I kid. :Biggrin:

There is a very good chance Nebraska’s name won’t be called tomorrow. If that’s the case, I hope it puts a chip in their shoulder and they realize that the NIT is a good place to get better. Tournaments are a different animal, even in the NIT, and winning a few games in it could really build confidence towards next year.

It was an incredible stupid decision that won’t happen again.

As far as the mid-major comment, I get it, it’s the Creighton fan talking point. It couldn’t be easy for the 5% of the Creighton fan base who understands the game of basketball to watch sh**y Missouri Valley basketball for all of those decades. So now that they are in the new watered-down version of the Big East, they like taking the shot when the Big 10 has a bad year. I kid, I kid. :Biggrin:

There is a very good chance Nebraska’s name won’t be called tomorrow. If that’s the case, I hope it puts a chip in their shoulder and they realize that the NIT is a good place to get better. Tournaments are a different animal, even in the NIT, and winning a few games in it could really build confidence towards next year.
Lol...the Big East is the 2nd rated conference. That's what happens when you don't have 14 teams.....10 of them who are crappy . ; )

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back