• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tre Bryant // Who will lead the lead Huskers in Rushing?

Who will lead the Huskers in Rushing?

• Tre Bryant

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Devine Ozigbo

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Mikale Wilbon

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Maurice Washington

• Miles Jones

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Wyatt Mazour

• Greg Bell III

Votes: 54 50.5%
  • Jaylin Bradley

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other/Walk-on

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

HoustonHusker

Red Shirt

First the Athlon article and now this tweet from a CFB tweeter page. I sure hope Tre breaks out, but I’m amusing these pages don’t follow us very hard. I say that because the narrative I’m getting from fellow HMax posters is that Tre will never be the same due to his knee injuries. My first question for you guys is, do you think Tre is still in line for a breakout year?

Since there is already a Poll on who will start at QB, I decided to do a poll on the RBs. This is another position race that’ll be interesting.

I added guys like Mazour and Miles Jones even if they’re more likely to be pass catching/3rd down backs. I’ve been forgetting about Greg Bell III lately, but I have a feeling he might just become our lead back. He’s toted as a back who can run, catch, and block. Jaylin Bradley is another back who seems to get lost in the crowd for me, yet I like his speed and limited performance against Purdue.

Even if Tre comes back 100% I suspect that the coaches aren't going to be feeding him 20-30 times a game. I think Ozigbo will get the most carries.

Even if Tre comes back 100% I suspect that the coaches aren't going to be feeding him 20-30 times a game. I think Ozigbo will get the most carries.
Good point. Oz is my 2nd choice as he is the returning leading rusher. Also a senior and back you lean on late. But I personally think Bell is the most versatile besides Mo Washington. If Washington is our leading rusher, we’ll be very happy for 3-4 years.

I've got Bell, but I like Ozigbo, Bradley, and Wilbon to contribute. Bradley seems like a guy they could get creative with.

I see running back by committee approach. Probably see different back every couple plays or so
Was thinking this too. So maybe Gebbia or Amart is our leading rusher. Lol

I did hate the committee approach by Riley and not crazy about it in general. Frost’s committee of backs should be different though, as I’m assuming they’ll have clear roles.

I've got Bell, but I like Ozigbo, Bradley, and Wilbon to contribute. Bradley seems like a guy they could get creative with.
I don’t know how to feel about Wilbon anymore. He has some nice runs here and there, but when Tre went down last year I thought he’d step up more. BUT to be fair, the running game was atrocious last year. He seems to have all the physical tools, so it’d be nice to see him put it all together as a parting gift.

If Bryant is healthy, he is as good as anyone. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen anything that really stands out with Wilbon or Ozigbo. I haven't seen enough from the rest (including Bradley) to make any other judgments.

I see running back by committee approach. Probably see different back every couple plays or so

Agree. It's going to be a committee, until someone distinguishes himself. I'll go with Greg Bell.
Has there been any recent news on Bryant's health?

I don’t know how to feel about Wilbon anymore. He has some nice runs here and there, but when Tre went down last year I thought he’d step up more. BUT to be fair, the running game was atrocious last year. He seems to have all the physical tools, so it’d be nice to see him put it all together as a parting gift.

Don't know how to feel about anyone anymore. I'm not all stoked on Wilbon, but I think he's viable. It says something that most think the new guy will be the leading rusher. So much talent out of HS inexplicitly underutilized.

GET TICKETS

Back