• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UCF licence plate

I don't get the specialty plate for Auburn coming out of Florida. No need for them to taunt, if that is their intent. But I think the NC plate for UCF is fine - kind of funny too.

Great list, but how does Auburn relate to Florida, as all the others seem to?
Im guessing that the Auburn plate has nothing to do with the game -- its just a 'normal' specialty plate

I'm assuming there currently isn't any kind of Auburn specialty plate in Florida, and its just a coincidence that they added their plate to the same bill proposal

Last edited:

All you need to get a plate is an organized group, fill out the paperwork, submit a design, and hope you get approved. It use to be a lot easier now it is just somewhat easy. I am sure that if a Florida for Nebraska alumni group with enough members that said they would get one it would be an option in Florida.

(there is a charge for the plate every year -- I pay an extra 25 dollars for my turtle plate -- with most of the 25 going to the group behind the plate and part of it going to the state. The State of Florida makes money off this program...like most states that have specialty plates.)

Alabama (where Auburn is located) borders Florida, so it makes some sense. Also, when I lived in Virginia, they had all kinds of plates for different states, universities, etc. It's not terribly uncommon.

Alabama (where Auburn is located) borders Florida, so it makes some sense. Also, when I lived in Virginia, they had all kinds of plates for different states, universities, etc. It's not terribly uncommon.

It used to be that way when I lived in Colorado, not sure if it has changed since then. You used to be able to just get a group of people to commit to a specialty plate and it would be approved under certain guidelines. I always wondered if Husker fans in CO could come together and accomplish that. There certainly are no shortage of NU fans in CO.

I doubt that GA makes anything off of my specialty plate. I have a retired Navy plate and only pay $1 for registration. Of course I still get to pay for a smog check every year.

I doubt that GA makes anything off of my specialty plate. I have a retired Navy plate and only pay $1 for registration. Of course I still get to pay for a smog check every year.

Smog check every year? That is worse than California.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back