• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Help with BTN

HUSKERINWYO

Recruit
10 Year Member
Mods I am sure this doesn't belong here but it is strictly for Cornhusker football and maybe a few other sports on occasion. We are wanting to get rid of our Dish network but I still want to be able to watch every game. I am under the impression that I need BTN through a cable/sattelit provider to be able to log into BTN2GO and honestly BTN Plus just seems a little steep. What does everyone else do to watch the Huskers?

Mods I am sure this doesn't belong here but it is strictly for Cornhusker football and maybe a few other sports on occasion. We are wanting to get rid of our Dish network but I still want to be able to watch every game. I am under the impression that I need BTN through a cable/sattelit provider to be able to log into BTN2GO and honestly BTN Plus just seems a little steep. What does everyone else do to watch the Huskers?
I use a friend's login to access BTN2GO.

I used Hulu Live last season and watched either on my phone or streamed to Chromecast to watch on the big screen.

ALSO, YouTubeTV has all the sports stuff you could want. I am assuming that you are looking the stream everything. YTTV is a little expensive and I've never used it, so I am not officially endorsing it, just giving you something to look into. $35 per month

Last edited:
In my area, I've tried a few of the streaming or low-cost online options but the price difference wasn't that much compared to just keeping my satellite subscription. I chewed Dish down into a price lock for two years that wasn't astronomical.

Basically, I bought myself 24 months for the technology to catch up and offer me a better option come 2020.

ALSO, YouTubeTV has all the sports stuff you could want. I am assuming that you are looking the stream everything. YTTV is a little expensive and I've never used it, so I am not officially endorsing it, just giving you something to look into. $35 per month

I thought YouTube TV was the best option for us, but it was not available in my area yet. I ended up going with Hulu Live instead.

Last edited:
We used DirectTV last year but its expensive (50 a month) so we'll probably try Hulu Live or YouTube TV this year.

In my area, I've tried a few of the streaming or low-cost online options but the price difference wasn't that much compared to just keeping my satellite subscription. I chewed Dish down into a price lock for two years that wasn't astronomical.

Basically, I bought myself 24 months for the technology to catch up and offer me a better option come 2020.

That sounds like a reasonable strategy. I’ve done a ton of research, just haven’t pulled the cord yet. A few years ago, my bro would just go from one 2 year startup deal to the next...Dish, DirectTv, cable.

More options come around almost once a month. I know I can do a lot better than my current cable bill..I get decent internet, so my goal is to dump the cable, add an HD antenna and either a streaming service that has cloud-based dvr, or buy a TiVo box.

The cable company's arrogance makes me insane. The best I could work out of their so-called "loyalty department" was a $13/mo discount for being a customer for over 20 years. Meanwhile, JoeBlo moves in next door and gets all sort of incentives and a 2 year contract paying a fraction of what I pay. I gotta make a change before I start breaking things :Banghead:

Last edited:
I thought YouTube TV was the best option for us, but it was not available in my area yet. I ended up going with Hulu Live instead.

Do you have the cloud-based DVR option? Are you happy with what you have?

Last edited:
We just tested it for football season. The interface takes a little getting used to as it is show based as opposed to channel based. You tell it what shows you like and it finds the show and records it. It was nice for football as I just selected Nebraska as my college football team and it recorded all of the games regardless of channel. The playback feature was kind of annoying in there is no FF option, just a 10 second skip ahead. Made it a pain to FF through commercials, but I think that was the point. I didn’t mind it but my wife didn’t like it, so when just stuck with directv for now.

One of my friends has cable and I use his password for BTN2GO and watchESPN. I have to say that BTN2GO is always pretty glitchy. Seems like it makes me reboot the app every 2 hours. It also seems like it buffers quite a bit during the game which is annoying.

watchESPN used to be pretty good but I have noticed a lot of buffering the last few times I've watched but that might be due to a high number of users. It was particularly bad during the CFP national championship game.

I would consider myself way too cheap to pay for cable / dish. I'm interested in Hulu Live or YouTube TV.

That sounds like a reasonable strategy. I’ve done a ton of research, just haven’t pulled the cord yet. A few years ago, my bro would just go from one 2 year startup deal to the next...Dish, DirectTv, cable.

More options come around almost once a month. I know I can do a lot better than my current cable bill..I get decent internet, so my goal is to dump the cable, add an HD antenna and either a streaming service that has cloud-based dvr, or buy a TiVo box.

The cable company's arrogance makes me insane. The best I could work out of their so-called "loyalty department" was a $13/mo discount for being a customer for over 20 years. Meanwhile, JoeBlo moves in next door and gets all sort of incentives and a 2 year contract paying a fraction of what I pay. I gotta make a change before I start breaking things :Banghead:
I have direct tv and I felt the same way so I dropped it and my wife signed up under the same address and we got the new perks. Loopholes are great.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back