• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Immediate Impact

On this week's Big Red Cobcast, we talked a whoooole bunch about Scott Frost's first recruiting class. We asked ourselves this question, so I'll ask the boards too. Who makes the biggest early splash, and why?

https://www.huskermax.com/big-red-cobcast-frost-effect-hate-will-never-win/

Honas and Martinez IMO - both of them start and do not share time. of the two Honas is the safer bet to start

i could see Greg Bell and Deontai Williams starting too, but in more of a platoon situation for both of them

Honas and Martinez IMO - both of them start and do not share time. of the two Honas is the safer bet to start

i could see Greg Bell and Deontai Williams starting too, but in more of a platoon situation for both of them
I think you could probably see Watt, the other Williams and Woodyard play too.

Honas and some grad transfer pass rusher to be determined.

Its possible Washington is also an impact player in his first year but not committed to saying it will happen.

Andre Hunt ...if he red shirts the Huskers are deep on the offensive side of the ball. It's going to be tough to keep him off the field.

Special teams. Pickering. Games are going to be close and we need filed goals consistently.

Offense - probably Bell, maybe Washington.

Defense - popular choice with be the stud linebacker Honas and that is probably right. I think Tannor will be just as important.

Other real possibilities: Woodyard withhis speed, and the way they talk about the safeties they signed, one of them.

Honas. I was drooling after I first saw the tape on him.
His style of play fits exactly what Chinander wants to do on D.
I think he will start and could lead us in tackles this next year.

Mo Washington better not be compared to Jordan Stevenson effing again on here. If Amart starts then he is easily is the most impactful. On defense it’ll be Tannor and Honas.

Martinez & Washington

Martinez has the skills for SF's offense and he will have as much time to learn the offense as any of the other QBs. Also, we don't have a returning starter, so nobody has that advantage over Martinez. POB has some playing experience, but nothing significant.

Troy Walters wants an offense that puts stress on defenses. Trey Bryant and Wilbon will see lots of playing time, but I think Maurice Washington sounds like the RB that can produce the most stress. I think Martinez will be the QB that can produce the most stress.

Martinez has the skills for SF's offense and he will have as much time to learn the offense as any of the other QBs. Also, we don't have a returning starter, so nobody has that advantage over Martinez. POB has some playing experience, but nothing significant.

Troy Walters wants an offense that puts stress on defenses. Trey Bryant and Wilbon will see lots of playing time, but I think Maurice Washington sounds like the RB that can produce the most stress. I think Martinez will be the QB that can produce the most stress.
Enough of this “stress” crap. The quarterback who makes the best reads and throws the best ball will start. Martinez seems the best fit as he is mobile. The running back who can produce the most yards not stress will play the most.

Walters wants a offense that puts up ******* points

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back